🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Canadian Clients having issue with enteri...
Page options
e70858ee
Community Member

Canadian Clients having issue with entering GST number

Anyone having issues with getting their GST number verified? How do I contact Customer Service?

"A GST/HST account number is part of a business number (BN). "

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/gst-hst-businesses/account-re...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
745885f3
Community Member

Hi Jonathan!

You should stop opening support tickets at first sight for this kind of issue.  Read my story below and advise the member to verify the following:

I also had struggles registering my GST/QST numbers on Upwork when I enrolled.

Most of the time, this issue happens when there is a discrepancy between the member' official name (for the canadian government) and the name the member used to register on Upwork.  As the Tax ID verification is related to Gvmt taxes, the member' name/fist name(s) must match 100%

EXAMPLES:

It can be as simple as a "-" between the two first names (such as Marie-Louise instead of Marie Louise)

In my specific case, my official full name (under which my tax registration was done) was "Helene-Renee Minville".  However, I was trying to have my tax ID verified in Upwork using  "Helene Minville".  Therefore, it was impossible to confirm a perfect match, resulting in the rejection of the verification.  I was able to solve that issue with contacting Services Canada (federal gvmt) where an agent was able to fix it.  

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your TAX information. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
5a39b966
Community Member

I have the same problem. I am entering a valid GST number and I get a "GST/HST Number could not be verified. Please remove and re-add your number to update".

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Louis.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with entering your GST number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Basically, once you post on this forum, a moderator will reach out to you and create a support ticket. You will probably need to provide additional documents if they don't match but I was able to get it resolved within the day. 🙂

52804d78
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I too am having the same issue. GST number is valid but getting could not be verified error.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eyob, 

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you directly through a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You may access your tickets here.

~ Avery
Upwork
3bde990b
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
Can you also help me with the same Issue I have removed and added the GST/HST again and again and it is still not confirming my GST/HST number although I am using it for another Job.

4f751d1a
Community Member

Hi. Can I also get help? I have the same issue - I can't get my tax information verified. 

2f387c6a
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue, please help!

thanks,

Eason

Hi Eason,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a0da7a4a
Community Member

Hi Upwork community manager, I am having the same issue with my Canadian GST/HST number.  I am entering a valid GST/HST number and I get a "GST/HST Number could not be verified. Please remove and re-add your number to update". How can this be fixed?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry if you keep receiving these errors. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3a74434b
Community Member

I have been trying to get my account for 2-3 days now without any luck. they always want to verify - even after i sent my drivers license - and my visa still inactive.

They did not accept my canadian HSt number; so i removed it, but still same problem and they to take time to verify.

could it because i used my nickname when i registered? but i already sent my drivers license!!

this platform is way too slow, complicated, and not helpful, unlike freelancer.com, which was always safe but very smooth.

my business cannot keep waiting for 72 hours every time without even a response.

Hi Sam,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
caadb91f
Community Member

Same issue. Entering valid GST number and it's not being accepted.

Same issue here, can I also get a ticket? Thanks

Hi Cosmo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

If everyone is complaining about this, why isn't UpWork fixing the issue?

I know first hand, that Amazon Seller Central, Square Up, and Shopify don't have this problem. UpWork has had people complaining about this issue on this forum for over a year, and they haven't taken it upon themselves to resolve it.

0f1a6827
Community Member

Hi Bojan - I'm having the exact same issue so please reach out to me as well.

Stephanie Myles

f1b2dbe9
Community Member

Hi, I have been facing this issue and have tried to remove and re-add the tax information but end up getting the same error. It does not appear that there is any customer service I can call to for Upwork, could you assist?

Hi Harsha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that your Tax Information has been completed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f1b2dbe9
Community Member

Hello, it still shows that it's not verified-
[image: image.png]

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for following up. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
e79263e1
Community Member

Hello i have the same problem i am going mad can you please open a ticket for me too for assistance. Its reallt frustrating...

df56ec7c
Community Member

I too am having the same problem.  I have tried three times and still the GST is not verified.   My GST number is confirmed on the business registration website

Hi Donovan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3bde990b
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Can you also help me with the same Issue I have removed and added the GST/HST again and again and it is still not confirming my GST/HST number although I am using it for another Job.

Hi Shan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
4f751d1a
Community Member

Hi Joanne - can someone help me too? I can't get my tax information verified. 

Hi Kieran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi everyone,

I Have the exact same problem and yes, my GST number is confirmed on the business registration website

Thanks!

Hi Marc,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Same problem with my account. Kindly open a ticket and get back to me. Replies to your email notification are not being read.

Hi Michael,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and my GST number is confirmed on the business registration website. Can someone please assist with this issue?

Thanks!

Hi Jacob,

One of our agents has reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
awaisqrs
Community Member

Hi Jonathan,

I'm having a similar and issue and the system is not accepting my HST#

Can you help. 

Thanks

Awais

Hi Team,

I've tried to add my GST/HST# multiple times, however it does not accept. 

Can someone guide or help me with it. 

Thanks,

Awais

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Awais.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your TAX information. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths