🐈
» Forums » Clients » Canadian Clients having issue with entering G...
Page options
e70858ee
Community Member

Canadian Clients having issue with entering GST number

Anyone having issues with getting their GST number verified? How do I contact Customer Service?

"A GST/HST account number is part of a business number (BN). "

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/businesses/topics/gst-hst-businesses/account-re...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
745885f3
Community Member

Hi Jonathan!

You should stop opening support tickets at first sight for this kind of issue.  Read my story below and advise the member to verify the following:

I also had struggles registering my GST/QST numbers on Upwork when I enrolled.

Most of the time, this issue happens when there is a discrepancy between the member' official name (for the canadian government) and the name the member used to register on Upwork.  As the Tax ID verification is related to Gvmt taxes, the member' name/fist name(s) must match 100%

EXAMPLES:

It can be as simple as a "-" between the two first names (such as Marie-Louise instead of Marie Louise)

In my specific case, my official full name (under which my tax registration was done) was "Helene-Renee Minville".  However, I was trying to have my tax ID verified in Upwork using  "Helene Minville".  Therefore, it was impossible to confirm a perfect match, resulting in the rejection of the verification.  I was able to solve that issue with contacting Services Canada (federal gvmt) where an agent was able to fix it.  

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111
prashantgadhvi
Community Member

Hi Support team,

I am having the same problem with my Canadian HST/GST number not getting accepted. Please help. Thanks.

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while adding the Canadian HST/GST number. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2d6fea34
Community Member

I have the exact same issue... after several attempts. Could you please let me know how to fix this?

Hi Fred,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6e4dbb3c
Community Member

I have the same problem. Tried 2 times already. GST number is not accepted. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexander,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

show documents details 

davidherm16
Community Member

Hi Support team,

I am having the same problem with my Canadian HST/GST number not getting verified. It is a valid number and I will starting work soon, Can someone please help? Thanks.

Hi David,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bdd32dc8
Community Member

I too have the same problem and cannot verify my GST/HST number even though it is correct.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxim,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ghnboy
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, have been declined by Upwork several times already, please help

Hi Haonan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
alekseevpavel78
Community Member

There is only the solution to get your GST/HST number verified. 

Your "Upwork's" name of the business must be exactly the same as your registered it in CRA. 

For example: if your registered CRA business identification looks like "John Smith", you must have exactly the same name of the business in the Upwork system. You can't name it "Smith John", or "John Jr. Smith" , etc.  In any similar cases, your GST/HST won't  be verified/confirmed. 

gongsteven
Community Member

Hello, I fill the Gst twice as following instructions. But got verification failed again, could anyone provide help or solutions? Thanks 

Hi Yin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c5a62482
Community Member

Hi, 

I am in a similar situation, opened a support ticket as well but more than a day later it is still waiting to be assigned to someone. Can the mods here please help me solve the problem soon?

Thanks a lot

Hi Shakeeb,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the support team to expedite a response to your ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ae922fcf
Community Member

I have the same issue with the GST/HST verification. Can I get some help on that please? 

Hi Nassim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

HI Nikola, I'm having the same issue with the GST/HST verification.

Can I get some help on that please? 

Hi Mike, 

I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be reaching out for updates via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to coordinate if you have other concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tombowser905
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I am also a Canadian unable to have my GST number accepted

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
042c1b39
Community Member

I have the same issue with the GST/HST verification. Can I get some help on that please? 

Hi Anas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ea3c95ff
Community Member

HI

sumeet169
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, have been declined by Upwork several times already, please help

Hi Sumeet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sjpat
Community Member

I'm having same problem. I recently moved to Canada and registered Incorporation compnay here. I entered correct my company GST/HST number but Upwork keeps rejecting it. Please help resolve this issue asap. Thank you! 

Hi Jigarkumar,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9ff2b726
Community Member

I am facing the same problem and cannot verify my GST/HST number even though it is correct. Please help.

Hi Alsaba, 

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
33b5f56d
Community Member

I am having the same issue with the GST/HST number. Can I get some help as well please? 

Hi Yuka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0f1a6827
Community Member

Please reach out to me as well. Same problem.  Quebec PST goes through just fine.

Hi Stephanie,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bricston
Community Member

I need Upwork support to contact me to verify my GST number. 

Hi Earl,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cabed0ea
Community Member

I am also facing the exact same problem. GST/HST Number could not be verified. Please remove and re-add your number to update

Latest Articles
Learning Paths