🐈
» Forums » Clients » Canadian Tax ID
Page options
8a6b9db8
Community Member

Canadian Tax ID

I've submitted my Canadian business Tax ID # multiple times but keep getting an email stating "unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted."

I've triple checked that my Country, Address, & Tax ID # and they are all correct. The only thing that could potentially be causing this issue is that I'm not able to enter my full business name as it is over 40 characters long. I have tried abbreviating Limited Partnership to LP, Company to Co., and a combination of those, but it is still being rejected. 

Can someone please help me sort this out?

Regards,
Nick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nicholas,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Nicholas,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8a6b9db8
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for your reply. The problem has been resolved. 

All the best,

Nick

e3d03a36
Community Member

I have the same issues for months still have not been solved. I hope I can get answers soon

4af7fd0d
Community Member

I have a similar issue, my personal name and my business name are not one of the same. So, I am unable to get this resolved on my own? Any help would be appreciated 

Hi Quincy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have also shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d51e1f31
Community Member

I have the same problem...UW is not accepting a correct 9 digit tax number for my Cdn corporation

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. The team has provided you with more information and instructions and how to resolve the issue on this ticket here. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team by responding to their message on that ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e3452198
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same probelm here, my company HST number doesn't get validated. I've tried multiple times still not working.

Please advise.

Hi Seyed,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding your company's HST number. I checked your account and can confirm that the HST number was rejected for a reason, 'Insufficient information entered'. Could you please check that the information entered matches what their supplier provided (business name, order of the name, GST/HST account number, transaction date)? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths