🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cancel Contract / End Contract
Page options
carolinebogart
Community Member

Cancel Contract / End Contract

How do I cancel a contract and release escrow back to me. The freelancer and I have mutually agreed to cancel without payment.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Caroline,

You can go to your Jobs>Contracts and click on the name of the freelancer. Then from the contract details you can click End Contract. On the next page you will be asked if you would like to release funed amount to the freelancer or refund it to you. Choose the appropriate option and make sure you provide honest feedback.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90

I have a problem with a client about Refund Issue. Like Client Give the project to me but later after delivery he told me that he made mistake like the project he added that is not possible to solve in that way. Later he asked for refund. My concern:

Will these Refund Impact negatively my JSS ?(This is a fixed contract)

Suppose I accept the refund request and later client give me good private feedback then what happen JSS ?

Currently I have 100% JSS. That's why I am really worried about it. I will be glad if Upwork Community Manager give me solution for it.

Thanks
petra_r
Community Member

Imrul Hossain C wrote:
Suppose I accept the refund request and later client give me good private feedback then what happen JSS ?

The client has already left his private feedback. It is impossible to cancel the contract and request a refund otherwise.

Again, it will only have any negative effect if the client left poor private feedback while closing the contract.

cmimrul
Community Member

Thanks for reply. No the client did not provide feedback yet. He sent me a Refund request to me for accept. The fault from the client side not mine. Now If I accept the refund request then it impact negatively my JSS ? Suppose I accept the refund request and client get full refund then he left a good private feedback or he does not provide any feedback. In this case it wont impact my JSS right ?

So my Main Q:

Is refund any money for Fixed Contract impact JSS negatively ?

petra_r
Community Member

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

No the client did not provide feedback yet. He sent me a Refund request to me for accept.

You really don't read responses, do you?

YES THE CLIENT HAS LEFT PRIVATE FEEDBACK! This is called "private" because you can't see it.

The client can not cancel the contract without doing so. So the fact that the contract was closed and you got a refund request proves that the client left (private) feedback.

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

So my Main Q:

Is refund any money for Fixed Contract impact JSS negatively ?

Not again.... How many times in how many threads would you like to ask the same long answered question?

cmimrul
Community Member

Thanks Petra. Sorry I already replied in the last thread that I got your answer. Yes I miss your answer into another thread. But thank you so much. I get positive outcome from you.

cmimrul
Community Member

Petra, you help me a lot by answering my Problem. Just one more question from my side. Like If I don't accept the Refund and request to continue the project- is it possible ?

petra_r
Community Member

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

Like If I don't accept the Refund and request to continue the project- is it possible ?

Not if the contract is already closed. Also, you said it's not possible to do the work? 

Just to clarify: The client is requesting the return of the funds that are in Escrow, correct? Not money paid to you already? 

cmimrul
Community Member

Yes it is In Escrow. The money is not paid yet. Actually I deliver the project. Then after chekcing and discussion he said it is not possible by Excel. He will try another way. Then he ended contract and asked a refund request. This is my first time in Refund situaion thats why I am not understanding properly. Also aware of JSS score. Bcz currently I have 100% JSS. I am worried like If I refund him it will impact nagatively my JSS ! Once again money is in Escrow because after the delivery he ended the contarct and request a refund (Fixed contract). Thanks

Did upwork helped you in this matter?

2e3159a5
Community Member

I want to close a contract that both me my client has got to a mutual understanding that the end goal is impossible, how can it be done without negetively affecting JSS?

Since I haven't done any work in this contract, no payment has been made and I don't want him to pay either. He does quite well understand that the end goal is impossible due to come technical constraints and he no longer expect me to proceed on any work either. But the contract is still active. 

Can someone please help me how to end this contract without affecting JSS?

Hi Nalith,

Once the contract is closed both you and your client will be able to provide feedback for each other and the reason why the contract was closed. The feedback from the contract will be included in your JSS calculation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths