cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract / End Contract

Ugo n Member Since: Apr 4, 2017
11 of 66

Hello, 

could you please tell me if this option is already valid? I mean the option to refund the amount to me)

Thanks

You can go to your Jobs>Contracts and click on the name of the freelancer. Then from the contract details you can click End Contract. On the next page you will be asked if you would like to release funed amount to the freelancer or refund it to you. Choose the appropriate option and make sure you provide honest feedback.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
12 of 66

Hi Ugo,

Yes, you can also click on the contract title and use the Cancel Contract button in the upper-right corner of the Workroom to the same effect. Please note that I'd strongly advise you to communicate with your freelancer before taking this action on your contract.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Gaby O Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
13 of 66

Hi there!

I finally bumped into the client you don't want to have. She hired me to proofread a website that had a machine translation. I took care of it, then she said she was going to add "a few pages" to translate. It turns out those "few pages" are now more than 60 and she wants to keep the same budget. I'm not willing to do this. Can I cancel the contract? I feel this client is trying to trick me honestly.

Benjamin D Member Since: Jul 31, 2017
14 of 66

Hello, I followed these instructions but wasn't asked to be refund... The freelancer didn't do what was asked from him. 

How do I get my money back ?

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 66

Benjamin,

Unlike Caroline's, your contract was hourly. Payments are processed differently on hourly contracts. Since the freelancer logged hours today, you will be billed for these hours automatically next Monday. You'll also have from next Monday to Friday at 23:59 UTC to review work and dispute the hours the freelancer logged. You can learn more about the dispute process here. Before you decide to dispute, please communicate with the freelancer and try to resolve the issue amicably. They may be willing to correct the issue and deliver work as agreed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Al J Member Since: Nov 7, 2017
16 of 66

It helped me a lot. Thanks. 

Jameel J Member Since: Feb 21, 2018
17 of 66

Hi ma'am.

I recently ended contract with my client. The issue was even providing more and more design to him for his satsfaction, but he say, Not this, Not this , don't like. So you know at least i feel he is just wasting my time and he not explain or unable to explain what he actually want. So I ended. 

My question is; does ending contract put any nagetive effect to my profile ? I leave good feedback for him but he dind't leave any feedback for me.  Please guide that should I worry or just go to bidding next projects?

Jay N Member Since: May 28, 2018
18 of 66
Thank You!
Rifat A Member Since: Jun 8, 2018
19 of 66

Hi,

I'm a freelancer. I canceled a job. But after request by client I completed that. But the client didn't accept the cancelation. Now he want to pay me. So how can he pay me on the contract?

Thank you

-Rifat

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 66

Hi Rifat,

Did you rejected the offer or closed the contract after you were hired without getting paid? Your client can send you the funds as a bonus at a any time or rehire you on another contract if both of you would like to provide feedback on the contract once it's closed. I would also suggest to check out this Thread and learn more about Upwork and how it works. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS