Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract / End Contract

Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
31 of 66

Hi Valeria,

I tried with Firefox and Chrome, and also cleared cache. I continue to get error 540.

Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 66

Natasha,

It appears there is a bug that prevents some clients from closing contracts. Our engineers are working to fix it soon. I'll update this thread once the fix is released.

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rifat A Member Since: Jun 8, 2018
33 of 66

It's solved. 

Thank you very much

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
34 of 66

To be fair... some of this confusion is understandable given the multiple different ways that this process is referred to, both within the user interface and within help documentation and discussions:

- End Contract

- Cancel Contract

- close a contract

- terminate a contract

Lemuel L Member Since: May 21, 2016
35 of 66

I accepted a job and due to time difference and time conflict, the client thought about endint the contract as he was getting impatient about fixing his issue. When I started to become available, he ended the contract and requested for a refund. However, after a couple of back and forth messages, he agreed to continue with me and we fixed his main after a couple of hours.

Now, how am I going to get paid since he ended the contract and asked for a refund earlier?

TIA.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
36 of 66

Hi Lemuel,

Since the funds for this contract are still in Escrow, you can decline the client's refund request and they can later authorize the release of those funds to you. Please note that you should only accept contracts you're absolutely certain you have the time to complete.

Jasmina R Member Since: May 8, 2016
37 of 66

Hello,

I recently accepted a job offer. The first milestone is set. But I want to cancel the contract. No funds were released. 

I am wondering if I would have to go through account holding if I end it, and If I have to leave some public review? 

Thank you.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
38 of 66

Hi Jasmina,

I'd suggested communicating with your client prior to ending the contract and agreeing on this action. Ending a contract is not a reason for restricting a user's account in itself, and both parties will have the option to leave private feedback in case no money is paid on the contract.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
39 of 66

re: "I recently accepted a job offer. The first milestone is set. But I want to cancel the contract. No funds were released. I am wondering if I would have to go through account holding if I end it, and If I have to leave some public review?"

It's not a thing you want to do on a regular basis, but you CAN simply end the contract. You don't have to go through anything. The money funded for the first milestone will automatically go back to the client. You will not need to leave any kind of public review.

If a contract ends without any money paid by the client to the contractor, then there is no way for anybody's reviews to appear on either the client's public profile page or the contractor's.

One contract that you end without getting paid should not impact your Job Success Score negatively, but if you made a habit of doing something like this, and if there's a pattern relative to the total number of jobs you have, then your Job Success Score will certainly drop.

Jasmina R Member Since: May 8, 2016
40 of 66

Thank you. I spoke to the client. I ended the contract. Hope everyhing will be fine.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS