cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract / End Contract

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
61 of 66

Mary Ann,

When the freelancer ends the contract, the client is notified and sent a link to leave their feedback. They have 14 days to leave their feedback but if they don't, the contract will show as "No Feedback Given" in freelancer's Work History. 

Also, please note that if a freelancer ends a fixed-price contract with money still in Escrow, the money is automatically returned to the client.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rania S Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
62 of 66

hi

i am REALLY mad. this one client, i've finished everything for him, even revised TWICE

initially, he really like my designs, and we move forward to technical parts. i noticed the size file he gave me was wrong. i mentioned it to him, then he later say its fine. he questioned me about the fabric choice, then i ask him to ask him manufacturer whether the fabric choice is right or not. then he later says its fine (its all in the screenshot)

then he hired me for another project (hats), i finished the first project but did not request for funds right away. i finished the hats then i requested

then he's MIA for like 3 days

THEN SUDDENLY HE CANCELS THE PROJECT (AND THE HATS I COMPLETED ALSO!!!!) AND BLOCKED ME!!

SAYING THE SIZE AND FABRIC WERE WRONG!!!!! (i confirm it to him like LOADS of times already).

so in a fit of rage i commented in his instagram, but then he threatens to ban my upwork account. like really????? he duped me out of $880 then later he wants to ban my upwork account!!!! can upwork do something about this?

AND MIND YOU this is the second time i had this kind of client. i was silent the first time because i thought its just this 1 client, but pls upwork, this kind of system is very bad for freelancer!!!

I GAVE HIM THE .AI FILE SO HE CAN EDIT ALL HE PLEASE. OMG I NEVER MET A BETTER CONMAN THAN THIS ONE, PLS UPWORK DO SOMETHING!!

******EDIT: HE SAID HE WILL NOT PAY BCS HE WILL NOT EVER USE MY DESIGNS. HAHAHAHA SO WHERE WOULD THE 25 HOURS OF ME WORKING FOR HIM GOES TO???? AND I BET YOU $100000 HE'LL USE MY DESIGNS LATER WHEN I AM NOT LOOKING!!!!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
63 of 66

@Rania S wrote:

THEN SUDDENLY HE CANCELS THE PROJECT (AND THE HATS I COMPLETED ALSO!!!!) AND BLOCKED ME!!

SAYING THE SIZE AND FABRIC WERE WRONG!!!!! (i confirm it to him like LOADS of times already).

he duped me out of $880 then later he wants to ban my upwork account!!!! c

Hourly contract or fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did you trackyour time?

If fixed price, was it fully funded?

Rania S Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
64 of 66

its fixed price and its fully funded

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
65 of 66

Hi Rania,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. I can see that a dispute has been already opened and one of our team members will reach out to you and your client and assist you both further. To learn more about how you`re protected on fixed price contracts, check out our guide for Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers. I would also suggest to check out this Thread and learn more about disputes as well. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

Untitled
Dirk v Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
66 of 66

Did upwork helped you in this matter?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS