cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract / End Contract

cmimrul
Imrul Hossain C Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
71 of 84

Thanks for answering me. Actually the work I did it is for partuclar project with fixed price. Like there is no work/milestone for those project. Now they accept the delivery also. It is showisng my In progress option. My question should I keep then In progress or I should End the Contract myself. If the job In progress without any activity any problem for my JSS? Also for the client who Take the delivery but did not Accept/End the Contract what happen for those job? It impacts my JSS any? Thanks

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
72 of 84
Hi Imrul,

Whether you decide to leave the contact open as in progress or close the contract yourself, these actions will not negatively impact your JSS score. As Nikola mentioned, when a contract ends the client is able to leave feedback which could boost your score. So by asking the client to end the contract they will be prompted to leave feedback. If the client leaves positive feedback this would be beneficial for you.
Untitled
cmimrul
73 of 84

Thanks. I get perfect answer.

cmimrul
74 of 84
I have a problem with a client about Refund Issue. Like Client Give the project to me but later after delivery he told me that he made mistake like the project he added that is not possible to solve in that way. Later he asked for refund. My concern:

Will these Refund Impact negatively my JSS ?(This is a fixed contract)

Suppose I accept the refund request and later client give me good private feedback then what happen JSS ?

Currently I have 100% JSS. That's why I am really worried about it. I will be glad if Upwork Community Manager give me solution for it.

Thanks
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
75 of 84

Imrul Hossain C wrote:
Suppose I accept the refund request and later client give me good private feedback then what happen JSS ?

The client has already left his private feedback. It is impossible to cancel the contract and request a refund otherwise.

Again, it will only have any negative effect if the client left poor private feedback while closing the contract.

cmimrul
76 of 84

Thanks for reply. No the client did not provide feedback yet. He sent me a Refund request to me for accept. The fault from the client side not mine. Now If I accept the refund request then it impact negatively my JSS ? Suppose I accept the refund request and client get full refund then he left a good private feedback or he does not provide any feedback. In this case it wont impact my JSS right ?

So my Main Q:

Is refund any money for Fixed Contract impact JSS negatively ?

petra_r
Community Guru
77 of 84

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

No the client did not provide feedback yet. He sent me a Refund request to me for accept.

You really don't read responses, do you?

YES THE CLIENT HAS LEFT PRIVATE FEEDBACK! This is called "private" because you can't see it.

The client can not cancel the contract without doing so. So the fact that the contract was closed and you got a refund request proves that the client left (private) feedback.

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

So my Main Q:

Is refund any money for Fixed Contract impact JSS negatively ?

Not again.... How many times in how many threads would you like to ask the same long answered question?

cmimrul
78 of 84

Thanks Petra. Sorry I already replied in the last thread that I got your answer. Yes I miss your answer into another thread. But thank you so much. I get positive outcome from you.

cmimrul
79 of 84

Petra, you help me a lot by answering my Problem. Just one more question from my side. Like If I don't accept the Refund and request to continue the project- is it possible ?

petra_r
Community Guru
80 of 84

Imrul Hossain C wrote:

Like If I don't accept the Refund and request to continue the project- is it possible ?

Not if the contract is already closed. Also, you said it's not possible to do the work? 

Just to clarify: The client is requesting the return of the funds that are in Escrow, correct? Not money paid to you already? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS