🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cancel an illustration project
Page options
b6f329c6
Community Member

Cancel an illustration project

Hello, I hired a children's illustrator who has a very difficult time performing a simple sketch. He asked me to send him a reference of the type of art I want and instead of using his imagination, he draws the reference in full detail. The first milestone was to complete a cover page, what he sent me was not my vision on the page. I asked him to do digital instead if they would help with the illustrations. Instead of him sending the sketches immediately he texts me" I doing your sketches will send soon" that turns into a day and sometimes the next day with more text " finishing up the sketches will send before the end of midnight. I am becoming more and more frustrated and would like to cancel the contract. What is the best way to do this? 

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Terri,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you`ve had with your freelancer. To learn more about how to close your contract check out our guide Here. To learn more about how you can request a refund on the funds in Escrow check out this Help Article

I can also recomend to check out our resources below and learn more about how to find the perfect fit for your projects/tasks:

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I am becoming more and more frustrated and would like to cancel the contract. What is the best way to do this?"

The fastest way to put an end to this is to simply close the contract while releasing any remaining escrow money.

There is nothing that the freelancer can do to prevent you from doing this. You could then forget about the freelancer completely. You could even block him if you want to prevent any possible additional communication.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths