🐈
» Forums » Clients » Candidates not receiving emails?
Page options
214925d2
Community Member

Candidates not receiving emails?

Hi

My job post, UI/UX Designer for New WordPress Website........may have an issue?

I went back to my failed candidates today with personalised messages, by clicking on 'decline candidate'. However one of them says he did not receive this message? How can I check that these messages were sent/received?

Best

Jennifer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Messages that show to you in the interview rooms are also showing on the freelancers' end. When you decline a proposal, the freelancer also receives an email notification about that provided they opted in to receive that notification in their own settings.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

I checked and was able to locate the interview room I believe you're referring to. All the messages that are present in the room are visible to both you, the freelancer and other team members that joined that room. It appears that the message you're referring to wasn't sent as it's not showing.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
214925d2
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.  So, just to confirm - the candidates who I declined have recevied their messages?

Thanks

Jennifer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Messages that show to you in the interview rooms are also showing on the freelancers' end. When you decline a proposal, the freelancer also receives an email notification about that provided they opted in to receive that notification in their own settings.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
214925d2
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Apologies to open this up again but can you send me the link to where they should be looking as I have had a second candidate say they have received no notification.

Best

Jennifer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

Thank you for reaching back to us. I just check this for you and confirmed the email notification was sent to the freelancer you're referring to. The decline reason is included in the email and along with your message. 

Please advise the freelancer to check their inbox and spam folder, check the settings for their email provider, and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
214925d2
Community Member

Hi Bojan

Thank you, I will also contact the other candidates.

Many thanks

Jennifer

214925d2
Community Member

Hi Bojan

I have emailed them all now through Upwork and they have all said that they received no notification that they were not successful.  I wonder - is it because I am still deciding on two candidates and the position has not officially been filled?  Happy to take this off the forum if you would rather!  Sorry about this! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the names of the freelancers you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths