🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cannot access Post a Job page
Page options
kevin_troyan
Community Member

Cannot access Post a Job page

I have not used Upwork in a few years and I'm trying to post a job but I receive the following error: 

"You don't currently have access to this page. If you have another account, switch to it and try again."

I am signed up as a Freelancer so maybe that is why? If that's the case, how do I change my profile to no longer be a freelancer?

Any help on how to post a job would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

In order to post a job and hire someone, you need to have a client account. You can be both a client and a freelancer on Upwork. Please go to Settings > My Teams and choose 'Create New Account' button at the bottom. After that, choose 'New Client Account'. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer. If you don't wish to use your freelancer profile anymore, you can follow the steps outlined in this help article for more information on how you can close your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

In order to post a job and hire someone, you need to have a client account. You can be both a client and a freelancer on Upwork. Please go to Settings > My Teams and choose 'Create New Account' button at the bottom. After that, choose 'New Client Account'. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client or freelancer. If you don't wish to use your freelancer profile anymore, you can follow the steps outlined in this help article for more information on how you can close your account. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for 🙂

What if the 'Create New Account' flat out does not appear anywhere?  

Hi Daniel,

You should be able to locate the "New Client Account" button under your Contact info tab under the Account settings (screenshot for reference).

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths