🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cannot manage job post
Page options
c25728b7
Community Member

Cannot manage job post

Hi there

I'm hoping someone in the community can assist as I haven't heard back from the Upwork team for a few days now.

My account setup seems to be rather confused. Problems started when I created a test client account to understand how best to guide someone to invite me to their client team. We eventually got the invite right and I joined their team but created a job posting under my test client account by accident. To prevent this happening in future, I deleted the client account - which ended up removing my entire account (note that I had a freelancer account for a few years already). 

I tried creating a new account but got an error message stating that this typically doesn't happen, but something went wrong (and of course a link to 'contact support' which goes to help docs and no way to actually create a support ticket because I no longer had a working Upwork account.

I asked the client to log a ticket on my behald and eventually Upwork support got involved and reactivated my account as well as deleted the test client account and I was requested to ask the client to invite me to their team again. Which I did. However I couldn't accept the invitation as kept defaulting me back to my freelancer landing page. Many emails backwards and forward - including recording my screen, clearing data and history and trying on 3 different browsers I was told that the matter had been escalted to the dev team and I would hear back. A day passes - no news. During this time I receive emails of proposals for the job posting I had made in error (against a test client that had since been deleted - note that I needed to remove the live job posting before I could delete the test client account the first time around). Of course clicking through those emails resulted in me being served an access denied page.

Eventually I decide to create a new account with a different email address, as I can no longer wait to hear back from my "escalated case". I do so and request client invites me to their team again. Which they do and I accept. For some reason I have no visibility of the job posting (which I am meant to be managing), however with a shared link I can access the proposals and candidate workflow. Interestingly enough, during this time, I still receive emails on the old email address for the "delisted" job against the "deleted" client account. Now logged in and authenticated with the new email address and new client, when I click those emails I get into that listings candidate workflow.

Something is rather broken with authorisation within the system. The new account I am using has access to a job that shouldn't exist and a different client and the client I am meant to be working with, I can't access unless given a direct URL.

I really am hoping someone can assist with a way forward as time is now of the essence.

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jennifer,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.
Our team will need more details about this so that we can assist you further. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket directly where you can share the details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Hopefully soon as this is already taking much longer than the time we
actually have.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths