🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cannot post job description: We have dete...
Page options
8ca6d34f
Community Member

Cannot post job description: We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included ...

I'm trying to post a job description but I am getting this error: "We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue."

The description is just text. I have no idea waht content to modify.

122 REPLIES 122

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Getting the infamous "code snippet" warning, regardless of the wording I use in the text-only description.  Not going to invest the time to try three other browsers, repeated clear my cache, or any other (blame the user) solution.  New user, first post.

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksander,

I heard from Remy in customer support.  And, unfortunately, I was asked to do exactly what I told you I wasn't going to do:  clear my cache, clear my cookies, relaunch my browser, etc.  I'm sorry no one bothered to read my inital help post.

What you don't get is that this isn't a user problem.  This is a problem between Upwork and your third-party provider whose systems are triggering the code snippet error message even where nothing but text is entered and no code is present.

I'm unwilling to invest my time to try and work around a problem between Upwork and your third-party provider.  And it is irritating to be asked to do so.  The "blame the user / make the user jump through hoops for a technical workaround" response is inappropriate.  It's creating a miserable customer experience.  And, for me, it isn't necessary.  I posted on a competing site instead, without any sort of problem.

Bad form, Upwork.  Try harder.

iaabraham
Community Member

Now I see why good clients don't hire on Upwork anymore! I am trying to post a job for the first time, but I keep getting the OP's error no matter how I word the job description or even if I remove my attachment. Can a moderator please help?? This is an urgent project. Also, please don't tell me to clear my cache or delete cookies, as others users have done the same and keep getting the error.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Isabelle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

Thanks for your quick response Avery. I just asked the CS team to close the ticket because I found a workaround. I used an html stripper for my job description text, and that seemed to work; please do not remove this link, as it could help other frustrated clients: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Isabelle,

I appreciate the advice you shared but please note that I removed the link you included in your post (not the advice itself). I can confirm our team is working on implementing an update which should result in the reported notification showing up only in case of job descriptions which include code snippets. Our team will share an update with you directly once they have more information, we do understand the frustration this is causing and our team is tackling the problem as a top priority.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle,

I appreciate the advice you shared but please note that I removed the link you included in your post (not the advice itself). I can confirm our team is working on implementing an update which should result in the reported notification showing up only in case of job descriptions which include code snippets. Our team will share an update with you directly once they have more information, we do understand the frustration this is causing and our team is tackling the problem as a top priority.

But does the link really go against ToS? It is simply helping the community, because this issue seems to be going back further than the middle of last year! Imagine how many clients Upwork has been losing because of something so basic yet frustrating. 

657030f9
Community Member

Having the same issue. Can't post job description and can't post job. Can you please have a Customer Support team member assist me?

Hi Shahin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Unfortunately, I have the same issue! 😞
Can you help me? I'm new around...

Hi Gabor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your job posting. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please help with a job posting. Getting a message that says "Code snippet is detected" and won't allow posting.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi D,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with posting your project. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
matthewbrown
Community Member

This is still a problem as of 1-31-2020.  I attempted to post a job that six times across two laptops and three browsers.  I contacted support - I don't have the time to do their job.   My guess is this bug is costing them a lot of money.   I'd avoid Upwork until this is resolved, or have support post your job for you as apparently they're the only ones who don't experience the bug.  PS - I still got the error with only 51 characters.  Total BS

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b6aa00dc
Community Member

Same here (eventually I cut the job description down to test test and it still fails....)...

image (3).png

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the additional details. Our Customer Support team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with posting your job. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. I changed the description more than 5 times following the advice in the forum and nothing change. Could you help me? 

Hi Marcelo, 

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly, providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
taymoorr
Community Member

Have tried to post a project multiple times but this message always pops up....''We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue''

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Taymoor,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eca103ad
Community Member

And the silly beat goes on, the problem remains unsolved, and Upwork remains the current and best example of a user-UNfriendly interface.  How many months ago did this problem surface and Upwork has yet to take meaningful action to correct it?

Hi Wayne,

Let me have a new ticket open for you about this issue so that the team could investigate this new instance of it. It looks like a fix was implemented back in February so we need to investigate what's causing it again.

Thanks for letting us know. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
ingefreelancer
Community Member

I am trying to post a job but the following message keeps coming up: "We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe". I am not sure what to do. Please assist.

Hi Inge,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your job post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having this same issue. I've tried clearing my cash, stripping the text of html, cutting it down, but I'm still getting the error. This is a very frustrating error that clearly needs resolving. Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Kimberly, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sdipani
Community Member

Having this same issue. Please help.

Hi Salvatore,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly, providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
adee6244
Community Member

Hi Sebastian,

If you need any help, could you please share more details with me? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am encountering this issue as well right now. This has never happened before. Whatever I type into the job decription, this message pops up. Can upwork please assist with getting this sorted out? Thanks.

Hi Nir,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also have the same issue, whatever I add in the job description, this message is still appearing. 

Hi Waseem,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had while trying to post a job. I checked your account, and I can see that you have submitted a support ticket already. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
wesenjer
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

Yes, I managed to post the job. Thanks for your help.

I noticed that the problem happened when I was editing a 9 months old job draft. But when I started a new job post, it worked without an issue. Maybe it is about job drafts that had the issue. 

If someone had the same issue with a job draft, you can create a new post and it will work. 

Facing the same issue. My job posting does not have any elaborate description. Second time this has happened.

Hi ProProfs,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your job post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8dc5e5b2
Community Member

Trying to post a job and getting this error: "We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue."

There is no code in my description - I am looking for content writers. I tried re-writing the description several times but no luck

Latest Articles
Learning Paths