🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Cannot post job description: We have dete...
Page options
8ca6d34f
Community Member

Cannot post job description: We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included ...

I'm trying to post a job description but I am getting this error: "We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue."

The description is just text. I have no idea waht content to modify.

122 REPLIES 122
prestonhunter
Community Member

Julien:

You are running up against aggressive algorithms which are incorrectly identifying your job description as something that could be problematic source code.

This is not your fault.

If I was faced with this situation, I would NOT TRY to contact Customer Support to fix this. I would quickly resolve this myself.

I will cut the job posting in half, and alternatively try adding the job description, with either half that works. Then I would EDIT the now-posted job posting to add additional elements of the original job posting, half of what remains at a time, until I am able to include as much of the original posting as possible, and have isolated the bit that the system is objecting to.

Preston, the binary search procedure you described is a last resort when debugging a large chunk of code, but I never thought it would be needed just to post a job. Cat Surprised

Preston H wrote:

Julien:

If I was faced with this situation, I would NOT TRY to contact Customer Support to fix this.

I would so they can fix the bug once and for all.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene K wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Julien:

If I was faced with this situation, I would NOT TRY to contact Customer Support to fix this.

I would so they can fix the bug once and for all.

Smiley IndifferentSmiley FrustratedSmiley SadSmiley MadSmiley SurprisedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley TongueSmiley WinkSmiley Very HappySmiley LOLHeart

What a joke. 

Thank you. 

Hi Chip,

Feel free to follow up here if you need any help and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cannot post a simple job descirption because of code snippets? This is absolutely ridiculuous and needs to be fixed immediately. 

Hi Jessica,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
antonow
Community Member

I've tried posting a job five times and getting this code snippet error. It's pretty terrible. No idea what to do. 

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

Can you somehow help me, I have the same problem with the snippets.

Thank you

Hi Andrej,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julien, 

The team checked your this, and they have confirmed that our security networking partner (CloudFlare) considers some context in the job post suspicious. Though we only can show a better error message, we cannot control how CloudFare is blocking users. The team has suggested to try to modifying the job description to make it neutral. All other specific details can be attached in a .txt file or word doc.

~ Avery
Upwork
cfcd1ec4
Community Member

I am having the same issue.

I cannot re-write the job description. It has more than 2000 characters.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heron, 

I checked and it looks like you were able to come up with a work-around for this job post. Let us know if we can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nikp_1
Community Member

Hi, 

I am having the same problem too.  Are you able to look into this please?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nik,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with posting your project. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
palbadvi
Community Member

I have the same problem.. very annoying and dissapointing for a company that prides itself on having the most posted online jobs. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Parham, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
soiko
Community Member

I have the same problem. Trying to post my first job. And it's just a small text. Can't cut it more.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nataliia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with posting your project. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kang11
Community Member

I'm looking to also post my first job post online for my client account... 

This is the job description: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kang,

Were you able to post your first job post as you described? Please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
kang11
Community Member

No I wasn't. I was just given a code snippet error... Whatever that means

Hi Kang,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

i jhave the same problem and have simplified the jiob description down to just a few words, cant see what the problem is.

Hi Craig,

I checked and it seems that you already posted a job. Could you please let me know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same problem with this as my description: **edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Matthew, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f3b63805
Community Member

Absolutely the same issue here, been trying to remove or edit the message, in the end it was basically just a "I am looking for an assistant to help handling some documents in Dubai" and guess what? Still the same error message. I tried Safari and Chrome, all the same result.

This is not just a waste of time, if I need to spend so much time and efforts researching for solutions on how to post a simple message, I could've just use this time to find a freelancer on those Facebook groups or even by asking for referals from colleagues and friends.

If upwork doesn't fix this soon, this is still a place where a lot of startups and creative people gather, I wound't be surprised new alternative platforms would spring up and just provide something more stable, I would probably even use "got a code snippet problem? go to blah blah blah.com" as a tag line.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Geoffery,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e5b0940c
Community Member

We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nat, 

Could you please confirm if you need help with posting a job in the Upwork marketplace?

~ Avery
Upwork
23cdb1a7
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to post a job to Upwork for the first time. I have tried many variations of the post including an extremely simple ad of a couple of sentences, and every time I get this error message that 'We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue.' 

This is very frustrating and is taking up valuable time. Please can you help? 

Thanks

Rhianna 

Hi Rhianna,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your job posting. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This issue is plaguing upwork's usability and doesn't seem to be fixable.

I have the same issue, but I noticed if you access upwork from its phone
app, no problem at all, I posted my jobs via upwork phone app now.

We all feel and share your frustration, hope this could help you a little.
Best!

I cannot post a job because I can't get past the attached error trying to enter the description.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Arielle,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I shared your issue with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

"We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue ( getting this error please help . asap)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths