cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot post job description: We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included ...

Highlighted
Celine R Member Since: Dec 6, 2019
71 of 117

I have tried several times with several different discriptions but I get this message:

We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included may be unsafe. You must remove them from your job description before you can continue upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
72 of 117

don't put the copy-paste job post. Please clear the history from your browser then try again. Make sure the payment method is verified.

Have a good day!

Joynul Abedin
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
73 of 117

Hi Celine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with posting your project. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Geoffery C Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
74 of 117
Hello, try posting through upwork's app, this error message happened to me
as well, and they couldn't fix it so just you can try their app.

Hope this hope! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Wayne P Member Since: Jan 7, 2020
75 of 117

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Getting the infamous "code snippet" warning, regardless of the wording I use in the text-only description.  Not going to invest the time to try three other browsers, repeated clear my cache, or any other (blame the user) solution.  New user, first post.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
76 of 117

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Wayne P Member Since: Jan 7, 2020
77 of 117

Aleksander,

I heard from Remy in customer support.  And, unfortunately, I was asked to do exactly what I told you I wasn't going to do:  clear my cache, clear my cookies, relaunch my browser, etc.  I'm sorry no one bothered to read my inital help post.

What you don't get is that this isn't a user problem.  This is a problem between Upwork and your third-party provider whose systems are triggering the code snippet error message even where nothing but text is entered and no code is present.

I'm unwilling to invest my time to try and work around a problem between Upwork and your third-party provider.  And it is irritating to be asked to do so.  The "blame the user / make the user jump through hoops for a technical workaround" response is inappropriate.  It's creating a miserable customer experience.  And, for me, it isn't necessary.  I posted on a competing site instead, without any sort of problem.

Bad form, Upwork.  Try harder.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
78 of 117

Now I see why good clients don't hire on Upwork anymore! I am trying to post a job for the first time, but I keep getting the OP's error no matter how I word the job description or even if I remove my attachment. Can a moderator please help?? This is an urgent project. Also, please don't tell me to clear my cache or delete cookies, as others users have done the same and keep getting the error.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
79 of 117

Hi Isabelle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
80 of 117

Avery O wrote:

Hi Isabelle, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

Thanks for your quick response Avery. I just asked the CS team to close the ticket because I found a workaround. I used an html stripper for my job description text, and that seemed to work; please do not remove this link, as it could help other frustrated clients: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS