cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot post job description: We have detected that one or more of the code snippets you included ...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
81 of 117

Hi Isabelle,

I appreciate the advice you shared but please note that I removed the link you included in your post (not the advice itself). I can confirm our team is working on implementing an update which should result in the reported notification showing up only in case of job descriptions which include code snippets. Our team will share an update with you directly once they have more information, we do understand the frustration this is causing and our team is tackling the problem as a top priority.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
82 of 117

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle,

I appreciate the advice you shared but please note that I removed the link you included in your post (not the advice itself). I can confirm our team is working on implementing an update which should result in the reported notification showing up only in case of job descriptions which include code snippets. Our team will share an update with you directly once they have more information, we do understand the frustration this is causing and our team is tackling the problem as a top priority.

But does the link really go against ToS? It is simply helping the community, because this issue seems to be going back further than the middle of last year! Imagine how many clients Upwork has been losing because of something so basic yet frustrating. 

Highlighted
Shahin N Member Since: Jan 14, 2020
83 of 117

Having the same issue. Can't post job description and can't post job. Can you please have a Customer Support team member assist me?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
84 of 117

Hi Shahin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Gabor K Member Since: Jan 17, 2020
85 of 117

Unfortunately, I have the same issue! Smiley Sad
Can you help me? I'm new around...

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
86 of 117

Hi Gabor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your job posting. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
D D Member Since: Jan 30, 2020
87 of 117

Please help with a job posting. Getting a message that says "Code snippet is detected" and won't allow posting.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
88 of 117

Hi D,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with posting your project. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Matthew B Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
89 of 117

This is still a problem as of 1-31-2020.  I attempted to post a job that six times across two laptops and three browsers.  I contacted support - I don't have the time to do their job.   My guess is this bug is costing them a lot of money.   I'd avoid Upwork until this is resolved, or have support post your job for you as apparently they're the only ones who don't experience the bug.  PS - I still got the error with only 51 characters.  Total BS

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
90 of 117

Hi Matthew,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS