🐈
» Forums » Clients » Cannot send messages to proposals
Page options
0fd31f61
Community Member

Cannot send messages to proposals

HI Team

I have created several jobs or requests in Upwork and am looking to reply to candidates to ask them further questions before I hire. However, I cannot message them at all. I can either shortlist them or Hire them. I need to assess the time they estimate to complete the job to see if I agree to the hire, but cannot do this. I have also tried to invite them to the job so I could try this and says 'interview in process' so cannot do this. I haven't set the time or rate in the advertisement as I wasn't sure how much or how long until I chat and see what their skill set is.

Can you please help as it is for all the jobs - I would like to hire as soon as possible and check their qualifications and skill set prior?

I am new to this platform, so I am finding it challenging to understand how it all works.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
759e32fa

Hi Simone,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can send a message to your freelancer by following these steps:

• Go to the job post you listed
  • Go to Review Proposals
  • Beside the name of the freelancer you want to message, click on "Messages" to send a message to the freelancer.

759e32fa_0-1689669916384.png

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions!

~ AJ
Upwork
fac9ea15
Community Member

when click on Messages, the peposal page is open, I cannot send a message!

Hi No,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have this issue as well.  When I click on "Messages" it opens their profile.

Hi Kenny,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be692c68
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I cannot send a message. Please assist. 

I am having this same issue, when I click on message the proposal page opens and i am unable to message them!

48f850a0
Community Member

People are here burning money on connects and this kind of issue is existing on Upwork... It's just terrible to say the least

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths