🐈
» Forums » Clients » Card Verfication Refund
Page options
e93089f9
Community Member

Card Verfication Refund

Hi,

Im a new client here on upwork and I set up a debit card as billing method at start. I was deducted a free from it and I was able to verify my payment method. However, I recently hired a freelancer and my debit card did not work. I then had to change to a credit card to be able to fund the escrow.

I was wondering if I can still get the refund from my debit card despite changing my payment method to another credit card? Or is there any additional steps I need to make because of this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Camille,

I checked your account and can confirm that the verification charge was already refunded back to your account. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

I activated a milestone and a charge was made to my PayPal account and that amount is now held in Escrow. Since then, I have deleted the PayPal account because I do not want to use that card.

I made my VISA card my primary card and deleted the PayPal one.

However, the milestone is waiting to be paid from the escrow balance. I would like to refund the escrow Balance to the PayPal account and use the VISA account to complete the payment.

How can I do this?

Hi Tashida,

You will need to end your contract and send a refund request to your freelancer. Once the refund is approved it will be refunded back to your PayPal account.
After this, you can rehire your freelancer on another contract and use your second billing method to fund it. 
I would recommend communicating further with your freelancer about this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. I did that and was able to finalise the payment with the preferred card.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths