🐈
» Forums » Clients » Card authorisation
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Card authorisation

Hi, my problem is that I registered on Upwork three years ago and, although I gave my debit card details, I did not authorise the card by entering the amount debited to it by Upwork. I cannot access this transaction now, as it was made too long ago. Would it be possible for Upwork to make a new charge which I can then check on my statement? Thanks for reading. Robert

Update: I am told that I have had two charges made to my debit card today (after I added a client account to my freelancer one). However, I am still being asked to verify the charges made three years ago, which I cannot do. R

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Robert,

The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. The sum of those charges equal $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification. $10 will be refunded back to your credit card. You can check this help article for more information about the verification process.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Robert,

The two small verification charges were placed on your credit card when you added it as a payment method. The sum of those charges equal $10 and should appear in your credit card statement shortly. Then you can enter those amounts in the verification form in your Settings> Billing Methods and complete the verification. $10 will be refunded back to your credit card. You can check this help article for more information about the verification process.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, I will do that, thanks. Robert

Latest Articles
Learning Paths