🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Card is charged prior to a hire
Page options
23b3b7e0
Community Member

Card is charged prior to a hire

Hello,

I have submitted my CC details PRIOR to a hire and was charged

3.50 + 3.50 - this will be credited back as I assume. Then my card was charged for 82.40,

but I did not click HIRE yet. Will my card get charged 2 times after I cklick HIRE freelancer? thank you 

Maria

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Just to confirm that the charge of $10 was made to verify your billing method, the funds have already been reversed back to your account as well. It can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Maria,

Just to confirm that the charge of $10 was made to verify your billing method, the funds have already been reversed back to your account as well. It can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. Thank you.

Goran,

The OP is asking about another charge that has nothing to do with verifying billing methods.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

Please note that verification charges Goran was referring to were charged prior to the hire. 

Sending an offer on a fixed-price job requires you to deposit funds for either the whole contract or a lesser amount to cover the first milestone. This is why the larger amount was charged to you.

For more information about how payments are processed on Upwork, kindly check next help articles:

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths