🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Certificate of Tax Residency
Page options
wojciechkaszycki
Community Member

Certificate of Tax Residency

For polish tax purposes we need a certificate of tax residency of UPWORK or another way to book expenditures for freelancer. Please advice.

Wojtek

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wojciech,

Please contact Customer Support and our team will be able to advise on the documents we can provide.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Vladimir

I have the same request with regard to the Certificate of Tax Residency but I can't seem to find an email address or anything for customer support.

Alex

Hi Alexandru,

It looks like you registered as a freelancer on Upwork. Please, check out this help article for information regarding reporting your Upwork Income to your local tax authorities. Note that Upwork is able to provide documentation only to some freelancers, however, such reports as Certificate of Earnings and Earnings by Client are available to all freelancers under Reports. Please, talk to your local tax advisers about using that information to report your income.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

How about clients? My company is client of UpWork and we need  certificate of tax residency of UPWORK or another to book expenditures.

I couldn't find any e-mail so I could contact your team to get such document.

Hi Emil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the certificate. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, even we are looking for this document as we are based in India. We need TRC of Upwork and No PE declaration in Upwork letterhead. Can you help me on priority please?

tta192
Community Member

According to the TOS, you are not buying anything from Upwork. You are buying directly from the freelancer, through Upwork's financial/escrow services. You get an invoice with the freelancer's name on it as 'the seller'. 

The same issue occurs on the freelancer's side; officially they are not being paid by Upwork - they need to issue invoices to the client directly, but on the bank statement, the money appears to come from Upwork.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths