Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate of Tax Residency

Active Member
Wojciech K Member Since: Jul 13, 2017
1 of 5

For polish tax purposes we need a certificate of tax residency of UPWORK or another way to book expenditures for freelancer. Please advice.


Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Wojciech,


Please contact Customer Support and our team will be able to advise on the documents we can provide.

Active Member
Alexandru G Member Since: Sep 4, 2017
3 of 5

Hello Vladimir


I have the same request with regard to the Certificate of Tax Residency but I can't seem to find an email address or anything for customer support.



Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Alexandru,


It looks like you registered as a freelancer on Upwork. Please, check out this help article for information regarding reporting your Upwork Income to your local tax authorities. Note that Upwork is able to provide documentation only to some freelancers, however, such reports as Certificate of Earnings and Earnings by Client are available to all freelancers under Reports. Please, talk to your local tax advisers about using that information to report your income.

~ Valeria
Community Leader
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
5 of 5

According to the TOS, you are not buying anything from Upwork. You are buying directly from the freelancer, through Upwork's financial/escrow services. You get an invoice with the freelancer's name on it as 'the seller'. 


The same issue occurs on the freelancer's side; officially they are not being paid by Upwork - they need to issue invoices to the client directly, but on the bank statement, the money appears to come from Upwork.