🐈
» Forums » Clients » Change Locked Milestone
Page options
c2a28552
Community Member

Change Locked Milestone

I want to change a locked Milestone and have two milestones.
Need to pay 50% of project and then balance in another Milestone.

**Edited for Community Guidelines*

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Steve,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your contract. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

I have the exact same issue.

Hi Bryn,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
9cfa71db
Community Member

I have the same issue. Would like to divide locked project (entire budget) into milestones. 

Hi Camila,

Active Milestones cannot be edited. However, there is a way for you to divide your Escrow funds into multiple milestones! If you release less than the full amount of this first milestone when paying your freelancer, the rest of the funds will remain in Escrow. You can then use them to fund one milestone at a time moving forward.

To release a partial milestone amount for work submitted:

Select the contract from Jobs > My Jobs and click Review & Pay
Choose Approve & Pay
Click the pencil icon
Enter the amount to be released
Click Send Payment

You can add all of the milestones needed at any time, but you'll only be able to fund the second one after that partial payment is released from the first milestone. 

Hope this is helpful and please let us know if you have any questions,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Goran, How can we delete / edit locked milestone? Screen Shot 2021-12-25 at 7.09.46 PM.png

Hi Giuditta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will be happy to help. I checked and it looks like your milestone is already active. Please know that an active milestone can't be edited. However, you have the option to pay half of the initial deposit, then use the remainder to fund the second milestone. This option is available when you're about to release/approve payment. 

You can choose to release less than the full amount of this first milestone when paying your freelancer and use the rest of the funds to fund the next milestone. You can find more information on how to release less than the full amount and request changes here

You can also check Andrea's post on this thread for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran,
I have the same issue. i want to change locked milestone

I am a client currently running an active contract with a freelancer. I am facing an issue where the recruited freelancer is unable to meet the requirements of milestone one as per the initial agreement. Out of the several conditions in milestone one, they have only completed 2 within the specified timeframe. The deadline for this milestone is in 3 days.

I have tried communicating with the freelancer, and we reached an agreement that payment will only be made once all the conditions are fulfilled. The freelancer agrees to these conditions. Therefore, I wish to modify the Upwork contract by extending the deadline in accordance with our new agreement. However, when I attempt to make this change, it appears to be locked. Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi Muhammad,

I understand that you want to modify the milestone to extend the deadline in accordance with your new agreement. You do not need to edit the milestone if you just want to change the deadline. The money will stay in escrow past the deadline and you can release it when the freelancer delivers their work. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
abc9869e
Community Member

Dear 

I am a client and in consensus with my hire, I would like to edit a locked milestone. 

In managing milestone the edit option does not appear.

Could you please help me further.

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You could be able to change milestones on a fixed-price contract, by choosing the Manage Milestones button in the Overview tab of the contract workroom. You’ll then see a page where you can add, edit, reorder and delete milestones, and then submit the changes to the contract. You can find more information here

If you don't see this option could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8432c69d
Community Member

Change Locked Milestone

I want to change a locked Milestone, my freelancer is requesting it be moved to November but is locked.

Please help me.

Hi Mark,

You have the ability to delete or edit the title, due date, and amount of any future milestones that have not yet been activated and funded but active milestones cannot be edited.

However, you can still continue with the current milestone, disregarding the due date as long as you both agreed to it. The freelancer can submit the work on your chosen due date and only then c an you approve it and release the payment.

You may also end the contract without releasing any amount to the freelancer so the funds in Escrow will be refunded to you. Then, you can create a new contract with the correct details for the milestone. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ thank you for your help!

Have a great day!

b0d0c305
Community Member

Hello sir

Latest Articles
Learning Paths