cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change first milestone

Highlighted
Renee G Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
1 of 6
Can I change the first milestone? The only option I can see is 'pay'. I created the job as a one milestone project and agreed to pay the freelancer the full amount once the project has been competed. Now the freelancer wants part payments as he goes through the full project. I am happy to do this however I can't find out how to change the first milestone. How can I split the first milestone payment into 7 separate payments?
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Renee,

Unfortunately, there is not option to edit a milestone information currenly. However, when you click "Pay", you should be able to edit the amount you would like to release to the freelancer. In that way you can release parts of the funded amount as the freelancer completes the tasks. I hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
MD Shaiful I Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 6

Hello,

My Buyer failed to send me the website credentials within the deadline for development a site. He wanted to extend the deadline. But there is no option to change (extend) the Milestone deadline from the Buyer account.

For this case, If my Buyer wanted to end the current contract, would it make any bad effect (bad reputation, bad success score, account hold, etc.) for my Freelancing profile?

Please help me. I am very worried about it.

Thanks

Shaiful

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Shaiful,

Milestone delivery dates are optional and do not have any effect on your profile/account/reputation.

Note that there are other factors that do affect you Job Success Score, so make sure to communicate with your client regarding the future of this job, and discuss the terms and project scope before you accept a job offer going forward.

Goncalo S Member Since: Apr 5, 2016
5 of 6

Hi, 

I awarded a job but the milestone there is wrong, both me and the freelancer agree on it, how do i change it. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Goncalo,

There are two things you could do. You could either end the job and  then make a new offer to the freelancer with the correct amount in Escrow. Alternatively, you can leave it as it is for now and when the assignment is completed, you can release a partial amount and request for the rest to be refunded back to you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS