🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Change from hourly to fixed now work is c...
Page options
44b442d4
Community Member

Change from hourly to fixed now work is completed

I mistakenly chose an hourly rate on a contract but we had agreed a fixed price. The freelancer has finished the work. How can I change this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Jacqueline,

Upon checking it seems as though you've already resolved this with the freelancer, but please let us know if you have any other questions or require further assistance.

~Nina

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Jacqueline D wrote:

I mistakenly chose an hourly rate on a contract but we had agreed a fixed price. The freelancer has finished the work. How can I change this? 

You can't. PAUSE the contract for the minute.

Did the freelancer log time?

If not you can just pay as a bonus.

If yes work out the difference between what was agreed and what was logged and work with the freelancer to adjust accordingly via a bonus payment or a refund.

nahidrajbd
Community Member

I think it's better to create a new job on upwork and invite your freelancer to accept as discussed. This is the easiest.

@Nahid,

This would violate the terms of the contract between client and freelancer. I'm not talking about UW TOS. The two businesses have an agreed contract in place. UW just complicates things. If the freelancer used time-tracker, those hours must be paid if the client wishes to continue using UW.

This issue can only be settled between the client and the freelancer, as though UW didn't exist. Then, to comply with UW terms, either pay the hours charged plus a bonus if the fixed price was higher than hours worked, or the freelancer changes the hours charged to equal the fixed price if the fixed price was lower than hours worked.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Jacqueline,

Upon checking it seems as though you've already resolved this with the freelancer, but please let us know if you have any other questions or require further assistance.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Learning Paths