cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name of job description

Ernesto B Member Since: Mar 4, 2017
1 of 3

so i added a job and hired someone to do the  job but im want to have more services then  i anticiapted 

done

how do i change the name to reflect  that change

so ihhired some for busniess cards and logo

but i have more work for them so how do i change that name to reflect the job his is doing for me

banner-logo-flier and busniess card

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 3

Ernesto, unless your freelancer asked you to change the title, I don't think you need to do this, as long as you tell the freelancer everything you expect him to do using Upwork messages.

3 of 3

I have a specific request from a client to change the name of two jobs. I created both job names as I created proposals (great feature!) based on offline conversations with the client. One job has been completed, delivered, paid, and rated. The other has been completed and delivered, and its timesheet is under review.

When I named the proposals, I used a convention commonly used by my clients, describing the content of the documents I was to work on. My client has since expressed a strong preference for only using job names that describe my services (e.g., "copy edit," rather than the content I am working with (e.g., "vagus nerve stimulation studies"). Obviously I'll follow his preference in future. In the meantime, he has asked that I pursue whether Upwork can make the change he desires.

I would appreciate @Upwork's input on the following:

• Is it possible to change job names after the fact?

If so,

• Would I request this, since I originated the proposals and their names?
  • To whom should such a request be made?
  • Is any documentation (e.g. emails, screenshots) required to verify my client's initiating interest in and/or consent to such changes?

Thanks and best,

Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS