🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Change owner of my account
Page options
mobalalistair
Community Member

Change owner of my account

Hello,

The owner of our company Upwork account has left our business.  How do I change the owner to one of the other admin users on our account?

Thanks

132 REPLIES 132
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AI,

Please ask the admin in question to contact Customer Support and make sure the current account owner responds to our team's notification, so we can transfer the account ownership.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks Vladimir,

I couldn't find a way to contact Upwork support - that's why I posted on here. How do I contact them?

If I go through the 'contact us' route on the website, I get down to a choice of either posting on the community or looking through the knowledge base.

Kind regards,

Al

Hi AI,

Your team member needs to submit a request, so please as them to click the question mark icon > select Help and Support > use the Get Help button and navigate to the available support options. Let me know if they have any issues and pm me their account email, so I could assist them further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

There is no way to issue a request on your support site, event as the account owner.  I need to transfer ownership to a colleague.  My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Can someone please contact me?  Thanks!

Hi Katie,

A member of the team will reach out directly to assist you with the transfer of ownership.

~Nina

Can someone reach out to me about a simlar issue?

Hi Na'Eem,

Thank you for reaching out. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7fb182d4
Community Member

I'd love help with this similar issue too, can someone please reach out to me about changing the account owner? Thanks

Hi Blanton,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9fb6164c
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I have the same issue to change my company's ownership account. Can someone contact me?

Hello Fazly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. Could someone please contact me for the same issue? (changing the account owner)

Hi Diana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Can anyone contact me on changing the owner- it doesn't work out to complete the request on support page

Hi Svetlana,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I need to change the owner of my company, the current owner left and I should be the owner now.

Can somebody tell me the procedure or contact me.

Thanks

Regards

Mauro

Hello Mauro,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

hi i want to change owner ship of my acccount to my nephew how can i do that please guide me

Hi Abida,

If your offering to your own freelancing account unfortunately it can`t be transferred. If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, our account owner transferred account ownership to me, and said that I had to confirm this by a request to upwork. As I can't contact upwork or submit a request, I am posting here, kindly asking you to contact me. Thank you!

Hi Peter,

Yes, one of our team members will reach out to you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! I'd like to transfer the ownership of my client account. Please let me know how to move forward.

Cheers,

Zach

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zach, 

A member of the Customer Support team will reach out to you to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
p_roffey
Community Member

Hi,

Our team member has left the company and I've no way of accessing her account as I don't know her first pet!

Please advise how I can transfer to myself as owner.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul, 

As a gentle reminder, please know that accessing other user's account is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, and I would request that you refrain from doing so moving forward. 

Please share the Company name, plus the team member's Upwork profile link through a private message so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
p_roffey
Community Member

Hi Avery O,

I sent you the details a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the delay, Paul. I've forwarded your account details and the agency owner's account details to the team so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bfda3deb
Community Member

I need to change the team owner of my account to someone else. Would you please contact me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you with your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, we are also experiencing the same issue of not being able to wrtite support directly about changing ther owner on our account.

Please reach out! 

I got a reply from Admins once I posted on forum. Took a couple of days, but it got done.

Hi Systems,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue.

I want to change owner of our account. How can i do that?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mohak.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Helo Ryan,

I have created this account with my google account and I want this to be changed to Upwork account. Please help me on this. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Surya,

In order to do so, please go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect the Google Sign-In. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

It Worked!!. 

Thank you so much.

darin_e
Community Member

I also need help with this. I clicked this link in the help chat but it doesn't let me submit a ticket: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths