🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Change owner of my account
Page options
mobalalistair
Community Member

Change owner of my account

Hello,

The owner of our company Upwork account has left our business.  How do I change the owner to one of the other admin users on our account?

Thanks

132 REPLIES 132
1138345f
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I am looking to get in touch with someone at Upwork customer service/technical service.

I have done a ton of homework and there is no real answers anyways besides getting in touch with someone at head office to do it themselves.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks,

Saro K.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Saro.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1b246cc8
Community Member

A team member created an upwork account, however they recently left the organization. 

I need to have their account transferred to me so I can check into the invoices to ensure that we're current on all billings.  

How do I arrange to have the account transferred over to me?

thanks,

Sheryl 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheryl,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1b37312b
Community Member

Hi, I need support with an account transfer. Could somebody please be in touch? Thank you!

Hi Elisabetta,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I need to change the owner of my company, the current owner left and I should be the owner now.

Can somebody tell me the procedure or contact me.

Thanks

Jason

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am looking for a way to change the ownership of the agency I opened. 

Please will you contact me directly? 

Hi Sally,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your agency ownership. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I would like to change ownership of the account. I have awarded the account to my cousin as a graduation gift. I would like it to display her credentials so that she can even be able to link it with her PayPal and buy connects. 

Hi Samuel,

Please know, it is not possible to transfer ownership of a freelancer account. Each freelancer on Upwork must have their own unique account. Sharing an account is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. You can learn more here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Your 'support' does not exist. I am trying to connect to an agent and am unable to. I need to transfer the ownership of my account. Please assist. Thanks. 

Hi Meryl,

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to contact support. I shared your request with the team directly and they'll be reaching out to you soon via support ticket in order to assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same issue, need to change the account owner after the initial owner left the company. Can anyone help?
Thank you,
Ruth

Hi Ruth,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

I need to change the ownership of my account, please contact me ASAP.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emiel, 

I'll go ahead and request a member of the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

There is no way to do this in upwork.  My admin is gone and she was the account owner.  Please contact me directly to get this updated.  Ariel Evans Evans Resource Group

Hi Ariel,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'll just join the queue of people that are requesting help in this thread since 2018...

Maybe you should turn on the possibility to create support tickets again?

Can you please reach out to help me transfer ownership of my account?

Hi Halvard,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble contacting our support team. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
pook-ping
Community Member

Can someone contact me also. I can't find how to contact you. I also need to change the owner of our account. He is no longer with the company. Thank you.

- Ping

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pook-Ping,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you shortly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
03855cdf
Community Member

Hi, I created a new upwork account to check it out. Now, I want to transfer account to the owner of the company.

cbowen is owner, I am rcamarda

Company is softlyze.com

TIA

Hi Robert,

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to directly through ticket to help you with the transfer of account ownership. 

I need to change the ownership of my account as well. Can someone contact me please?

Thanks.

Hi Samantha,

We apologise for not getting back to you soon, as we needed to check this with the team. We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

I need to change the ownership of my account as well. Can someone contact me please? Thanks.

Hi Aleksander,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also need to change the account owner but can find no way to contact support - please could someone contact me.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

One of our team members will reach out you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello - I need to transfer ownership of our company's account to someone else.  Can you please reach out to me ? 

thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alanis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5c147d0b
Community Member

Hi,

I need to transfer ownership as well for our company account.

Thank you and best

Tom

Hi Tom,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vanessamoreau
Community Member

Hello,

The current owner of the account left the business. I need to be the new owner of the account.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f03e170f
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I have similar question, can any of the agents contact me as well?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Slobodan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths