🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Change ownership of client account
Page options
eb77b189
Community Member

Change ownership of client account

hi guys, 

A colleague who owns the client account on Upwork has left the company.

We have the password and can access to the client account but are unable to update the email address it is connected to. 

We'd like to take over the client account under the updated email address. What is the best way to do this? Should we close the account and re-open under the new user name and email address?

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have a similar concern. I need to transfer ownership from myself to coworker so he can add his payment method. Can you please assist me?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
55aaa009
Community Member

Hi, I'd like to transfer ownership of my account too, can the support contact me directly?

Thanks!

Hi Aurelie,

They sure can! Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
277241ff
Community Member

I also need to transfer ownership as I am leaving the company. Can someone assist ASAP please

Hi David,

I checked but it doesn't look like you're the Company Owner, are you reaching out on their behalf? 

If you're leaving the company but are not the owner of the Upwork company account, the Company Owner should be able to remove you from the team on their end. 

~Andrea
Upwork
277241ff
Community Member

I also need to transfer ownership as I am leaving the company. Can someone assist ASAP please?

406bdb26
Community Member

Hello, 

The account owner has left  the compnay. I need to become the account holder for our compnay. Can the support contact me directly?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hossein,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
277241ff
Community Member

I also need to transfer ownership as I am leaving the company. Can someone assist ASAP please

5756e68d
Community Member

Hi, I also need to transfer ownership from myself to coworker so he can add his payment method. Can you please assist me?

Hi Krystle,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
72b0a476
Community Member

Hi, I'd like to transfer ownership of my account too, can the support contact me directly?

Thanks!

Hi Kateryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths