🐈
» Forums » Clients » Change the contract amount
Page options
f705bed6
Community Member

Change the contract amount

Hi all, I am quite new to Upwork and I face the following situation: I employed someone for 100$ to draw some dot-to-dot images for me. It was agreed that designs will be drawn by himself but I discovered that in fact he just manipulated images in Photoshop and provided me as original ones. We agreed together to decrease the total amount of the contract to 25$ and finish the collaboration. The question is: how this can be done in Upwork? 100 $ are now in Escrow and I cannot change the contract amount. The illustrator sent me a request for 25$ but I suppose once I pay this still 75$ will remain in Escrow. So how can be released the remaining amount from Escrow?

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Alina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you have the option to release a partial milestone amount for work. You can release a partial amount by following the steps below: 

• Select the contract from Jobs  My Jobs and click Review & Pay
  • Choose Approve & Pay
  • Click the pencil icon 
  • Enter the amount to be released
  • Click Send Payment

The remaining amount in escrow can be used to fund the next milestone. If you and your freelancer or agency are also ending the contract, you’ll need to request an escrow refund for the remainder. You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions or if you need additional assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths