🐈
» Forums » Clients » Change the contract from hourly to fixed afte...
Page options
c67b15f1
Community Member

Change the contract from hourly to fixed after job started

Hi:  As I was new to Upwork, I started the project as "Hourly".  This is a writing project.  After discussing with freelancer, we agreed for a flat price per article.  How do I change the contract?

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi DakshinaMurthy,

Unfortunately It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price (or vice versa) after hiring. To change the type of contract, simply end the job and rehire the freelancer, changing the offer terms to a fixed price contract. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi DakshinaMurthy,

Unfortunately It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price (or vice versa) after hiring. To change the type of contract, simply end the job and rehire the freelancer, changing the offer terms to a fixed price contract. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

That would cause a massive drop in the freelancer's JSS, if he hasn't billed anything to that contract.

As a freelancer, I would very much frown at the client pulling that one on me, if I haven't billed anything to the contract.

If the freelancer hasn't billed him anything yet, the client may make a small bonus payment to the freelancer for the inconvenience caused, before ending the contract and proceeding to send a new one.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths