🐈
» Forums » Clients » Changing payment due date
Page options
fb5ec87c
Community Member

Changing payment due date

I went to request change of the due date of the contract, because I haven’t gotten the work done yet therefore I can’t pay when the due date comes, I need to extend the time, please help me with that.
1 REPLY 1
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Any due dates assigned to a project are between freelancers and their clients. The payment system doesn't even see those.

That said, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. Are you saying YOU haven't done the work, and need more time? In that case, you need to ask your client.

Or are you saying that you haven't received the work from your freelancer yet? If that's the case, if it's a fixed-price contract and you've funded the milestone, that payment isn't released to them until they click the "Submit work and request payment" button. Once they do that, you have 14 days to either approve the work and release the payment, or to request changes be made. If you do nothing, they get automatically paid after 14 days. If they haven't submitted anything, then there's nothing that needs to be done until they do.

If it's an hourly contract, you're paying them for their time. If they haven't tracked their time, or the screenshots from the tracker show that they haven't been doing anything, you can dispute this. But if it shows that they've tracked their time properly, have sufficient activity levels, and they've entered detailed notes about what they were doing, then they will get paid. If the work done isn't what you were wanting, then you should cut your losses and end the contract.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths