🐈
» Forums » Clients » Changing payment method during project
Page options
9f397593
Community Member

Changing payment method during project

Hi, I would like to change my payment method during project: the first milestone was on one credit card and I would like to change to a different credit card for the next milestones. 

I updated the second credit card (the one I want to pay with) as my default payment. How do I make sure that I fund my next milestones using the updated method? 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tamar,

You can set up a prefered billing method by going to Settings > Billing method and clicking on the three dots. Or delete your first billing method so that only your prefered one is connected to your Upwork account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sorry to crash.

For me, I would like to change payment method for both milestones. Have deleted my first payment method (and updated it with a new one).

But it seems that the credit card linked to my first payment method is still reflected for my first milestone payment, so should I ignore it?

What should I do?

Hi Dan,

I want to clarify that when you're creating a milestone your billing method will be charged and the funds will be in Escrow.
Since you've already created the first milestone when your first billing method was connected, it was already charged and the funds are in Escrow. Going forward, any contracts you set up will be charged on your new billing method. 

If something is still confusing, or you have any additional questions let me know. 

~ Goran
Upwork
d2f9da33
Community Member

Hello Goran, 
how about changing the billing method for one project. So for example I have two projects that go under the 'preferred payment method' as in the settings. But I have a new weekly project that I want to be charged via a different card for accounting purposes. How do I change payment for one particular project? Thanks. 

Hi Torsten,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing methods and your contracts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Torsten,

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have the same issue. Thanks

jaffermehdi
Community Member

I have the same request @Goran

I have a primary billing card for most requests, but for some projects I would like to be charged to the secondary card. Can you show me how to change that? 

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
669250f0
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue.

I have multiple projects that each require a different payment method.

Project 1 = Credit Card 1

Project 2 = Bank Account 1

Project 3 = Debit Card 1

Project 4 = Credit Card 2

How do I update these payment methods while the project is in progress?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths