🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Charge Failed to pay Upwork.
Page options
e8bd1679
Community Member

Charge Failed to pay Upwork.

Hello, I tried to pay Upwork based on the due amounts on my account but it was failed to pay through PayPal. So I tried to add a CC instead to see if it works out, but it even didn't allow me to put it in account due to the following error. 
There was an error loading this page: error [774e060abfaadba2-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Please let me know how to proceed with this. 
Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
stylusazn
Community Member

Hi Patrick, 

1. Double-check your internet connection may be it will be the cause of failure.

2. Try to clear the cache by pressing ctrl+r in the current browser you are using.

Any advice from Upwork Support will be greatly appreciated. Hope my suggestion helps.

Hi Ahsan, thanks for reaching out.

I tried to refresh after clearing the cache, but getting the same issue. 
I also tried another brower, firefox.

Please let me know.
Thanks!

NikolaS

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e8bd1679
Community Member

Thanks

99a8cb47
Community Member

I added my paypal and tried to send fixed contract offer.

But payment was failed.

I checked my paypal, and I saw two transactions.

Upwork tried to charge and refunded money after charge success.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Kameisha,

I took a closer look at your account and transaction records. I can confirm that your bank is declining the transactions you're trying to process. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about these charges being declined.

Also, please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the charges you're referring to. We'll surely have those reviewed and assist accordingly. Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
99a8cb47
Community Member

check this screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 

99a8cb47
Community Member

Hey, please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kameisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing so that we can better assist you? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
99a8cb47
Community Member

Did you check screenshot?

I tried to fund money to hire someone with fixed contract.

But payment was failed, and the fund was refunded immediately.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Kameisha,

I can confirm that the transaction you're referring to was declined on our end. You may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork, as the transaction cannot be completed from our end. Once you've added an alternative payment method, please let us know if the issue continues.

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:

• Go to the "Payments" tab and click "Manage automatic payments."
  • Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.
  • Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.

If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you'll want to talk to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths