🐈 Community
94ec841c

Charge Failed

I need help with my billing method. I have an active card with sufficient balance to pay for my transactions but it always says "Charge Failed". I was supposed to hire someone. How can I fix this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Angeline,

I checked your account and I can see that you have withdrawn your funds 2 days ago. Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
pradeephele

Hello Angeline,

Thank you for contacting us. I see that your transaction was declined due to the limit on your card. Please contact your bank or try again using another card.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

I already increased the limit of my bank account but still doesn't work. 

Hi Angeline,

I checked your account and I can see that you have withdrawn your funds 2 days ago. Please keep in mind that It can take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I actually have two concerns, but yeah I can see that Upwork just processed my withdrawal as of this moment. My other concern that hasn't been resolved yet is that I cant use my card to hire a freelancer on my client account. It keeps saying Charged Failed. 

I have the same problem at the moment...

Hi Bojana,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c1f3b946

I have the same problem! With 2 different cards

Hi Alice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
87462d49

This is happening with me too..idk why but my ViSA has enough limit to cover 50 dollars..but still charge failed and "invalid billing method" at top. Please help. Have to pay some freelancer.

87462d49

The automated help system on this platform is just pathetic...guys please help me out..have to pay a freelancer. And idk how or from where to reach you.

Hi Jaguar,

Thank you for your message. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check if the international transactions are enabled on your card? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes they are enabled...I use it for many overseas payment..plus I paid on upwork too recently..twice..

Hi Jaguar,

Thank you for responding. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
1fdd1b10

Charge failed - Somehow sometimes I can't make payment. Can you please review my account. Thanks

Hi Britney,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ AJ
Upwork