🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Charge failed from my debit card
Page options
hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,127 REPLIES 1,127
24c9e9e8
Community Member

Hi,

I have added my debit card for paying to my freelancer, I tried to give bonus to freelancer, then i got the notification after 24 hours like you have past due balance of 8 dollar, please update your payment method. And also shown charge failed in billing method page. What do I need to do?

Have you used this card earlier on upwork? Some debit card work, but most of them fail. You need a credit card in most cases.

No, this is the first time i am doing, can i do by paypal? I have'nt credit card thats why

Paypal does not work everywhere. Check with upwork support.
You said you were trying to pay bonus, that means either you earlier had a card( debit/credit) which worked or the freelancer worked even before you had a verified payment method.
If it is former it is possible to add card that worked.
Otherwise you will need to get a new credit/debit card from your bank/financial institution which is acceptable to upwork. I suggest that you have a chat with upwork support to understand it better.

ok , Actually i tried to pay on same day of work completed, thats why I plan to pay by bonus. Ok let me ask with support Thank you vivek.

Hi Shereef,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist you further. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket so that the agent can assist you. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
24c9e9e8
Community Member

Ok joanne, Thank you.

9109d670
Community Member

I have the same issue and i have to pay him urgent now kindly resolve that issue please

Hi Bilal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

still on the same issue. Can you please solve my that issue fast

Hi Bilal,

I apologize about the delay with this. I can see that you already have a ticket with the appropriate team and our team member will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue right now. Please assist me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konstantin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. I successfully added a credit card to my billing method but when I tried to pay escrow when hiring, it said “You don't have vaild billing method on file..”. So when I tried to input card info again, it said “You already have this payment method on file..”. And in billing method, it says “Charge failed”. Can you please look into the matter for me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taymullah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue

Hi Ott,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. You can access the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork

Me too. Did you fix the issue? It same issue to me.

I am also getting charge failed error in both of case card and paypal

Hi Ankit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you directly. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue

Hi Marcus,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi i am having a charge failed on m card and i need to pay a freelancer and my debit card has cash in it but wont go through

Hi Christopher,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I’m not sure if you’re from PH but if you are there’s a workaround using
GCash Virtual American Express Card. You may try checkin that out! Hope
this helps.

I am facing the same issue. I have tried debit card and credit card as well. 

I want to hire the freelancer ASAP

Hi Yash, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
00d792bc
Community Member

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. It says that "charge failed" even though I'm sure that I entered the correct amounts that were taken away from your account. I just want to be verified so I can proceed on hiring and of course get back the fees where it should be.

Hoping for resolution and quick response.

Thank you.

Hi Rae,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have „charge failed” issue, and Im not sure how to verify card, there is no any button like „verify”, should I wait ?

Hi Sebastian,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am having this issue as well with my debit card with 'charge failed' even if I still have amount on that bank accoount. Can Upwork please help me on this?

Hi Livy,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Additional note: Livy, could you please confirm if you have another client account because our team checked this account that used in the community, but there is no record of any attempt to add a billing method. You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d0b8b878
Community Member

Hi. I successfully added a credit card to my billing method but when I tried to pay escrow when hiring, it said “You don't have a valid billing method on file..”. So when I tried to input card info again, it said “You already have this payment method on file..”. And in the billing method, it says “Charge failed”. Can you please look into the matter for me?

Hi Aleksandra,

I checked, and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the problem you are experiencing, and one of our team members already followed up recently. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I have the same issue. I successfully added a debit card to my billing method but when I tried to pay escrow when hiring, it said “You don't have vaild billing method on file..”. So when I tried to input card info again, it said “You already have this payment method on file..”. And in billing method, it says “Charge failed”. Can you please look into the matter for me? Thanks!

Hi Glyncel,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket with additional information. Feel free to follow up directly there and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is it the Paypal-related request? If so, no one has replied to my follow-up yet. If someone can assist me right now, it would be wonderful! My freelancer has been waiting for quite some time already. Thanks much!

Hi Glyncel,

I understand the urgency with this and rest assured our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths