cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge failed from my debit card

Shereef V Member Since: Oct 13, 2018
1 of 11

Hi,

I have added my debit card for paying to my freelancer, I tried to give bonus to freelancer, then i got the notification after 24 hours like you have past due balance of 8 dollar, please update your payment method. And also shown charge failed in billing method page. What do I need to do?

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
2 of 11

Have you used this card earlier on upwork? Some debit card work, but most of them fail. You need a credit card in most cases.

3 of 11

No, this is the first time i am doing, can i do by paypal? I have'nt credit card thats why

Community Guru
Vivek K Member Since: May 28, 2016
4 of 11
Paypal does not work everywhere. Check with upwork support.
You said you were trying to pay bonus, that means either you earlier had a card( debit/credit) which worked or the freelancer worked even before you had a verified payment method.
If it is former it is possible to add card that worked.
Otherwise you will need to get a new credit/debit card from your bank/financial institution which is acceptable to upwork. I suggest that you have a chat with upwork support to understand it better.
5 of 11

ok , Actually i tried to pay on same day of work completed, thats why I plan to pay by bonus. Ok let me ask with support Thank you vivek.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Shereef,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you via email to assist you further. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on the ticket so that the agent can assist you. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
7 of 11

Ok joanne, Thank you.

Bilal H Member Since: Jan 24, 2019
8 of 11

I have the same issue and i have to pay him urgent now kindly resolve that issue please

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Bilal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
Bilal H Member Since: Jan 24, 2019
10 of 11

still on the same issue. Can you please solve my that issue fast

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS