Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge failed from my debit card

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
31 of 35

Hi Aref,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8446f54c
Ani P Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
32 of 35

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with my debit card not being authorized and my charge failing as i go to hire my freelancer. please help.

thankyou

Ani

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
33 of 35

Hi Ani,

It looks like the bank has declined the transaction. I would suggest checking with your bank for more information on that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
8446f54c
Ani P Member Since: Dec 6, 2020
34 of 35

Hi Aleksander,

I spoke to my bank and apparently upwork was trying to charge me $856 for a $600 project and the balance wasnt in the account. Can i please be told why i am being charged significantly more than needed?

Thanks 

Ani

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
35 of 35

Hi Ani,

Please remember that prices on Upwork are always in U.S. Dollars (USD). Only the billing to your card will be converted to your local currency which is exactly what happened. So, the amount is showing higher as it's in your local currency. To change your preferred currency and to learn more about it, you can check this help article.

You may also want to know that clients are charged a 3% payment processing and administration fee on all payments. For more information, you can refer to this article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS