🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Introductory webinar available for new ma...
Page options
30e15389
Community Member

Charged without review or approval of the work?

Hired a freelancer who went unresponsive; paused the contract and was informed she was half-way through, needed the contract restarted.  I restarted and have heard nothing from her, then charged without notice or opportunity to review the work.  Upwork's support is apparently non-existent.  The dispute process does not work as described (request refund then initiate dispute), so there is no way to initiate a dispute.

How do I get this the necessary attention. If the work is complete and of acceptable quality that is one thing but how can I be charged for work I have not reviewed?

2 REPLIES 2
30e15389
Community Member

How do I dispute a charge?  A freelancer went dark on my and was unresponsive so I paused the contract.  She then contacted me and said she needed it restarted to continue the project.  Now I am charged $600.  She registers no hours; I have not seen or reviewed the work.  I requested a refund and am trying to dispute the contract but Upwork does not have a facility to do this.  I tried to remove the payment method so it does not happen again, but Upwork will not let me do that so this is likely to happen again.  THis appears to be near fraudulent.

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and can confirm you can dispute this charge! Please go to: 

Jobs > My Jobs and choose the contract you wish to dispute.

From the Contract Room, choose the (…) options menu under the freelancer’s name.

Select Request a Refund.

Select Complete the dispute form.

If you experience any issues while filling the dispute form please let us know so we could assist you further. You can find more information on this here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths