cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging me to make a payment? Are you kidding?

Community Leader
Karen T Member Since: Jul 14, 2015
91 of 118

You're not a spokesperson for Upwork?

But you plainly said that Upwork don't care if they lose a client. You did. Read it.

If you aren't certain of your facts why are you telling us that Upwork don't care?

Community Leader
Karen T Member Since: Jul 14, 2015
92 of 118

Oh look. An edit has just appeared in your post...

Shame that posts are emailed to us, isn't it?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
93 of 118

Care to answer the question what turning down a job that doesn't pay your rate has to do with with a rate increase that hasn't happened yet?

You didn't turn it down because of the rate increase or the client fee. They had nothing to do with it. The client could have looked for a different freelancer willing to work for what he was offering. What does it have to do with the client fee?

Upwork didn't "lose a client" unless that client never comes back and never posts another job and never hires another freelancer. Is that really the case? Did being turned down by you really traumatise the client to the point that they'll never come back to the platform?

IF by any chance your action of turning down a cheap job DID cause the permanent loss of the client, it wasn't the rate increase or the client fee that lost them the client, was it?

As I said, thousands of jobs are declined by thousands of freelancers for thousands of reasons. What does you turning down THIS client because the rate was not enough (good for you) have to do with the client fee?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
94 of 118

I edited because it was indeed, as you pointed out, poorly worded on my part. Apologies.

@Karen T wrote:

Oh look. An edit has just appeared in your post...

Joe b Member Since: Jun 20, 2016
95 of 118

Today's the last day to avoid the 2.75% fee + the new 20-10-5% structure. TOTAL RIP OFF. We will be moving our project off of Upwork.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
96 of 118

get dem contracts in NOWWW Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Vladimir N Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
97 of 118

It's insane. Really. 20%.

Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Oct 20, 2015
98 of 118

A little off topic, but upwork customer support is just atrocious. Really, the only thing they're good at is responding in a timely manner, but don't trust what they tell you because they are wrong half the time, and good luck trying to explain what your question is and what you're looking for. I'm surprised how poor the support here is for a professional services platform especially when you look at their fee structure and how much they are making. Is it really that hard to train a staff to provide adequate support at a website like this or find individuals qualified to provide service in an environment as critical as this? Not like Elance was any better though. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
99 of 118

Hi Jonathan,

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with the support you received from our team. I've checked your last conversation and can confirm you can't invite freelancers to submit proposals on a job that was already awarded and closed. You can repost the job, but I see you don't want to use this option.

Feel free to follow up on a ticket if you're not satisfied with the replies you received, and our team will follow up.

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
100 of 118

@Vladimir G wrote:
I've checked your last conversation and can confirm you can't invite freelancers to submit proposals on a job that was already awarded and closed. You can repost the job, but I see you don't want to use this option.

Why is that? This explains the client "behaviour" to keeping jobs open even if they hired someone already. You never know.

Once you close the job, all freelancers who submitted a proposal (not hired) go to archive/decline folder and no longer can be contacted. The problem isn't about posting a new job but inviting a specific freelancer who you "declined" previously. Actually, when I closed the job, I didnt specifically decline all freelancers but closed the job.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS