Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatroom for Freelancers under different contracts

snette
Community Leader
Sebastian N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
1 of 4

Hi people,

one of my clients hired me and an other freelance for his project.

The client is new to upwork and didn't find the option to hire two freelancers under the same contract, so he created a second job posting and hired the other freelancer there.

Now he is looking for a way to put us into the same chatroom, so that he can share information with both of us at the same time.

He was playing around with the "Add People" button in the messaging system but that didn't seem to work.

Is this possible at all?

If yes, which would be the steps for the client to put us both into the same room?

Cheers

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Sebastian N wrote:

If yes, which would be the steps for the client to put us both into the same room?

with all the hassle of Upwork messages not working I'd say a skype chat for the three of you or a Google hangout would be much better and safer.

I hardly ever communicate with clients and "colleagues" via Upwork messages. The first thing I do with a new client is to establish how to communicate without having to rely on Upwork messages.

So if messages go wrong, or the site goes down for an hour, a day, or a week it doesn't affect me, or my work.

snette
Community Leader
Sebastian N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
3 of 4

Good points, thanks Petra.

Initially I wanted to avoid adding all my clients to skype, just because some of them think that when I'm online, I'm available for work. Especially when I work with several clients.

But with the messaging system here.. guess I'll have to use skype.

I never used Google hangout, is that any good? 😄

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Sebastian,

Your client should be able to create a room and add more than one freelancer to it to simplify collaboration between the team members:

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

If the client is having some issues doing that, please advise he contacts support for further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS