🐈
» Forums » Clients » Check when Freelancer last logged in
Page options
198737eb
Community Member

Check when Freelancer last logged in

Hi,

Can I see when a freelancer last logged into the platform ?

Purpose is someone has gone quiet on a project, they could be busy, they could have started a new life as a buddhist monk, no way to tell. But at least if I know they have logged in, then I can have a better guess.

Thanks

Matthew

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matthew,

I would like to confirm that at the moment clients don't have this option.
Our team has also reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your freelancer and your contract. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ladyelexia
Community Member

The only way to see if a freelancer is active is for them to manually choose to have their online status visible. Most of us have this feature turned off. We don't like stalkers. Also being shown as "active" doesn't always mean a person is actually active, only that a device they use is logged into Upwork and connected to the internet. (ie, a tablet you used once to check a message, but that your kid plays with every day may show you as online, but you may actually be in a coma at the hospital). 

Good Luck!

Adding to what Heather says. It cuts both ways. Freelancers rely on clients (who sometimes appear to be logged in) to respond to questions during a job, or  to close a contract and leave feedback when the job is completed, but they don't always.

Clients go MIA even more often than freelancers. 

198737eb
Community Member

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

I suppose a good feature would be activity indicators on the site that could be seen by Commissioners and Freelancers on active assignments.

In this instance, they resurfaced, no drama.

The activity indicator that matters is already available:

The work diary.

Other than that, I don't think anything Upwork could add that would show whether a freelancer logged into the Upwork site or not is really helpful to me, as a client.

if a freelancer is working on the project I hired her to work on and moving things forward, she is a valued member of my team. If she is not producing anything for the project, then I don't need an Upwork-based login log to tell me that. Ultimately it doesn't really matter if she is logging into Upwork or not. If she's not helping on my project, then I need to assign tasks to other members of my team.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths