🐈
» Forums » Clients » Client Disputes Work | Can't Find Group Chat ...
Page options
jjtay8748
Community Member

Client Disputes Work | Can't Find Group Chat Created by Mediator

Charisse G. sent an email to me (in short) I have until the 25th to respond to a dispute filed by a client. I replied to the email I just received; however it claims I received an email on the 20th regarding the dispute and I checked all my mail including spam and there is nothing there from Upwork. I also haven't cleaned up my email in a while so it would have been in there. 

She also mentions a group chat in the email; to which I have no idea what she's talking about. I don't see a group chat, not on Upwork not in my email.... what in the world is going on here? 

There is a threat of my financial account being involved so I need this resolved as quickly as possible. 

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi John,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the client/contract you're referring to so that I can assist you further? If you can provide me with the contract ID along with a screenshot of the email you received that would be extremely helpful. You can see the contract ID by going to your "All Contracts" page> choose the contract in question> contract ID should be under "Terms and Settings". Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jjtay8748
Community Member

I am a freelancer, and I need support. Not quite sure why my posts keep getting moved. 

jjtay8748
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

jjtay8748
Community Member

I have a client disputing a contract. Upwork reached out to me via email however it claimed I had already received notification of the dispute on the 20th; however I couldn't find an email related to the dispute at all. It also mentioned a "group chat" that I am supposed to respond in? What group chat? in Upwork, through Google? Were in the heck is it? I checked my messages and there is nothing there as far as a group chat goes! 

On top of everything esle it's threatening my financial account. 

jjtay8748
Community Member

I am attempting to respond to a dispute and I can't find it in my disputes. I click the ? in the header and click disputes but it brings me to "requests". I have tried on two chromebooks and Firefox on my phone. How can I respond to the dispute? I have until June, 25th to respond. Please help.

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. I have reached out to the mediation team to check for the support ticket. I will get back to you here as soon as I have an update for you. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

We're sorry for the delay as we had to look into this further. Pradeep escalated this further and the team has resolved the issue with your access to the dispute ticket. I can see that you were able to reply to the private message already. You should be able to access the group conversation through your account or email.

Please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you need further help with your concern. 

As for your posts being moved - since you already posted about your concern here, we merged your posts to avoid being flagged as spamming the Community. Repetitive posts are not allowed, as noted in the Upwork Community Guidelines. We will move posts to appropriate threads or boards and merge posts as we see fit. Don't worry! Our team will see your post, regardless of where you post it. 😊

I hope you and your client can resolve your issue amicably. Let us know if you will need further assistance with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths