🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client Invites Limitation
Page options
eric5037
Community Member

Client Invites Limitation

Hi, 

I'd like to know how many invites can a client send? what is the limitation?

I have recently heard that it was limited to 3 invites without paying. Is that correct?

I've recently seen this: 

• Proposals:20 to 50
  • Interviewing: 20
  • Invites sent:53
  • Unanswered invites: 15

so that client invites 53 freelancers, 15 of those invites are unanswered, 38 are answered, he interviews 20 of them.

The question is. did he pay for 50 invites?

if that's ot the case, is there something special for a first contract of that client (new client on Upwork)?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
joansands
Community Member

In my experience, the job posters who have that many invites and interviews were actually scams and their job is really to take your money.

Joan S wrote:

In my experience, the job posters who have that many invites and interviews were actually scams and their job is really to take your money.

you may be right but in that case, that client is a client of mine, a new comer.

scammer: I wouldn't say that but I have to confess that after 6 milestones, he just doesn't want to do more even if the tasks have been perfectly completed, on time, at a great price, giving me bonuses even without asking me.... (I'm still in the process of understanding what is happening and why he's doing that)

prestonhunter
Community Member

Eric:

There are different tiers of client membership programs now, each with different limits on the number of invites that a client can send per job.

And a client may pay $29.99 to elevate any individual job posting to be a premium or "featured" job, and that allows them "unlimited" invites for that job

Preston H wrote:

There are different tiers of client membership programs now, each with different limits on the number of invites that a client can send per job.

And a client may pay $29.99 to elevate any individual job posting to be a premium or "featured" job, and that allows them "unlimited" invites for that job

That would show on the job post.

Preston H wrote:

Eric:

I didn't know that!

Do you have some link to look a bit into it?

that job is not a featured job so how was he able to invite so many freelancers? may it is because it was his first proposal on upwork?

That client probably has a "business" membership. You can compare the plans here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021891994-Upwork-Business

Sergio S wrote:

That client probably has a "business" membership. You can compare the plans here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021891994-Upwork-Business

Thanks, Sergio. 

Basic = free = 3 invitations per post max.

Plus = $49.99 = 15 invitations per post max.

Business = $499.99 = unlimited invitations

He invited 53 freelancers which clearly means he pays 500$/month for the business plan. Is that possible?

Is that possible that he had that invitation capacity because it was his first contract on Upwork?

The good: he chose me

The bad: he chose me to do the 60% of the work and is probably giving the rest to someone surely cheaper + he can do what he wants whenever he pleases if he pleases (something that clearly does not work that way in the "real" world)

sandipbhadaniya
Community Member

I think client have a $499.00 primium membership...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths