Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Client Invites Limitation

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 8

Hi, 

 

I'd like to know how many invites can a client send? what is the limitation?

I have recently heard that it was limited to 3 invites without paying. Is that correct?

 

I've recently seen this: 

  • Proposals:20 to 50
  • Interviewing: 20
  • Invites sent:53
  • Unanswered invites: 15

so that client invites 53 freelancers, 15 of those invites are unanswered, 38 are answered, he interviews 20 of them.

 

The question is. did he pay for 50 invites?

if that's ot the case, is there something special for a first contract of that client (new client on Upwork)?

 

Thank you!

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2 of 8

In my experience, the job posters who have that many invites and interviews were actually scams and their job is really to take your money.

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
3 of 8

Joan S wrote:

In my experience, the job posters who have that many invites and interviews were actually scams and their job is really to take your money.


you may be right but in that case, that client is a client of mine, a new comer.

 

scammer: I wouldn't say that but I have to confess that after 6 milestones, he just doesn't want to do more even if the tasks have been perfectly completed, on time, at a great price, giving me bonuses even without asking me.... (I'm still in the process of understanding what is happening and why he's doing that)

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 8

Eric:

There are different tiers of client membership programs now, each with different limits on the number of invites that a client can send per job.

 

And a client may pay $29.99 to elevate any individual job posting to be a premium or "featured" job, and that allows them "unlimited" invites for that job

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

Preston H wrote:

 

There are different tiers of client membership programs now, each with different limits on the number of invites that a client can send per job.

 

And a client may pay $29.99 to elevate any individual job posting to be a premium or "featured" job, and that allows them "unlimited" invites for that job


That would show on the job post.

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
6 of 8

Preston H wrote:

Eric:

There are different tiers of client membership programs now, each with different limits on the number of invites that a client can send per job.

 

And a client may pay $29.99 to elevate any individual job posting to be a premium or "featured" job, and that allows them "unlimited" invites for that job


I didn't know that!

Do you have some link to look a bit into it?

 

that job is not a featured job so how was he able to invite so many freelancers? may it is because it was his first proposal on upwork?

 

 

 

 

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
7 of 8

That client probably has a "business" membership. You can compare the plans here:

 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021891994-Upwork-Business

Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
8 of 8

Sergio S wrote:

That client probably has a "business" membership. You can compare the plans here:

 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021891994-Upwork-Business


Thanks, Sergio. 

 

Basic = free = 3 invitations per post max.

Plus = $49.99 = 15 invitations per post max.

Business = $499.99 = unlimited invitations

 

He invited 53 freelancers which clearly means he pays 500$/month for the business plan. Is that possible?

 

Is that possible that he had that invitation capacity because it was his first contract on Upwork?

 

The good: he chose me

The bad: he chose me to do the 60% of the work and is probably giving the rest to someone surely cheaper + he can do what he wants whenever he pleases if he pleases (something that clearly does not work that way in the "real" world)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS