🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client Login Page
Page options
vieniav
Community Member

Client Login Page

EDIT:

Please disregard, I didn't know how to solve it with Chrome but using Firefox works for me.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hi all,

Could someone please let me know which page I should use to log into my client account? I am both a freelancer and a client. I've created a client account and was able to use it only once (right after I created it). These are the things I have tried:

- Type Upwork.com on my browser (Chrome) and it send me to https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/ which is the freelancer's page.

- Log out of my account, go to https://www.upwork.com/login, type in my login information, and it will also send me to https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/, which is the freelancer's page.

- When I am logged in (as the freelancer), click on my avatar at the top right corner dropdown menu, click on the name of the client company I created, it sends me to this page: https://www.upwork.com/ab/jobs-home/4319793. On the page there is only one line of text read "This page is for clients only".

I wouldn't want to create a new client account just to be able to use it only once. Thank you very much in advance.

49 REPLIES 49
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phat,

Glad to hear you were able to navigate to your client profile, please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have the same question. I am not a freelancer but upwork keeps sending me to "create a profile" page. I have no interest in this and there is no option to log in as a client again. How to fix this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julian, 

It looks like you may have requested to create a freelancer account which is why you are being redirected to complete an Upwork freelancer profile. I'll go ahead and close the freelancer context of your Upwork profile so that you can access your client account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nicksoman
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Please delete my freelancer account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick, 

I checked your account an asked the help of the Customer Support Team. I will come back here once they get back to me with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nick, 

I'm sorry for the delay. You should now be able to access your client account. Let me know if I can further assist you with anything.

~ Avery
Upwork
c5f86084
Community Member

Can i ask to delete my freelance page. I just need to be a cleint.Thank yoU!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liudmila, 

I'll go ahead and request assistance from the team so that we can close your freelancer account, while keeping the client account intact. 

ETA: Hi Liudmila, I'm coming back here to confirm that your freelancer account is now closed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9b211122
Community Member

Hi,

I too need the freelance part of my account removed. I only need to be a client.

Thanks!

Hi Rex,

Your freelancer profile is now closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I want to post a job but got a 403 error, I wanna keep my freelancer account besides my client account.

Hi Ashraf,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have signed up for a freelancer account. If you'd like to hire freelancers for your project, you'll need to have a client account. You can be a client and a freelancer on Upwork, and switch between accounts as needed. Since you already have a freelancer account, please create a client account following the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b6117d37
Community Member

Hello Marie,

I just tried the method described above, but I couldn't find a place to add a client account to my freelancing account. 

Thank you for your attention.

Lee G.

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry if the steps Joanne shared above confused you. You should be able to create a client account by going to Settings > Contact Info and clicking on "New Client Account". Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b6117d37
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

• Thanks, I have taken a step further in creating a client's account. However, I need assistance in setting up a billing method. Please see the attached.

Lee

Hi Lee,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. To add a billing method.

1. Go to your client profile> Settings  Billing & Payments
  2. Choose the Add a New Billing Method button

Feel free to check this help article for more details and procedures.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8b1c3f48
Community Member

Hi I am having the same issue. Can we please delete the free lancer account. I only need the client.

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

I checked this account that you used to post here in the community and it looks like you have not created a client account yet. You can be a freelancer, agency, and client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed. To create a client account, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  Contact Info and choose the Create New Account button in the second section
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

For more information, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
282d505a
Community Member

I am having the same issue, can you resolve this?

Hi Sandy,

I checked your account and it looks like you signed up as a freelancer. Just to confirm, are you looking to join as a client and hire freelancers? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
re0n24
Community Member

Hey, what I need to do if i want to be a client and freelancer in the same time?

Hi Ruslan,

You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. I see that this account that you used to post in the community is a freelancer account. You can create an agency or a client account by following the steps shared on this help article

I would also like to request that you please update your profile picture. You will need to use a photo that clearly shows your face. Please check this help article to help you improve your freelancer profile. If there's anything else we can help you, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue, please delete my freelancer account, I want to be a client only.

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salomon, 

Could you please confirm if you would like to use the same account for your client account?

~ Avery
Upwork
6245e9a9
Community Member

Greetings,

I can no longer get to my client account! All I get is the "Apply to Join" as a Freelancer page. And I am not looking to join as a freelancer.

Will you please delete the incomplete Freelancer account from my profile, so that I can go back to just being a client.

Thank you!!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marc, 

Let me go ahead and check this with the team and I'll get back to you once I have more information regarding your concern. 

ETA: Hi Marc, I'm coming back here to let you know that the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email to assist you further regarding your concern. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you need further help. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7334ed9d
Community Member

i am having the same problem, please help me get to the client side of upwork and delete my freelancer account.

Hi Jess,

I would be happy to help. I checked but I don't see a client account on your profile. Could you please confirm if you already created a client account so that we can assist you accordingly?

Edited to add. 

If you did not create a client account yet. Please try following the steps shared in this help article to create a client account. Once you create a client account let us know and we can assist you with closing your freelancer account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Avery, I'm having the same problem trying to access my client page. I have cotracted some talent to my job. I'm trying to get some information to them. I might also add that the Upwork system/site is a pain to work with. Please advise. Thx.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team about your concern via phone call. I have also checked your account and I can't seem to find a client profile.

I shared your report with the team and submitted a follow-up. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
zaliox2
Community Member

do that with mine too please

Hi Morten,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I do not see any client account on your Upwork account. You can create your profile by following the below steps:

1. Go to Settings > Contact Info and choose the Create New Account button in the second section.
  2. Choose New Client Account.
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

You can refer to this help article for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e577e44b
Community Member

Hi Avery! im having the same problem, i cant sign into my client account without getting redirected to set of a freelancer account, can you close that out so i can login to client?

Hi Adler,

I checked this account you used to post here in the Community, and you have not created a client account yet. To create a client profile for your account, please use the steps found in this help article. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles, and you will be able to switch between them as needed easily. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
52abac82
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Please delete my freelancer account for now. I need to access my client account

Hi,

I was accessing my upwork account to hire freelancers for projects. I wanted to sync my google calendar for which I had to sign in again. Once I did this, I was signed is as a new freelancer account with not history of messages, projects, etc. How do I fix this?

Hi there,

It looks like you already deleted your entire account. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
ec1dccbd
Community Member

Hi,i have an upwork account which i said Client by mistake and i logged out but i need to be a freelancer and i give her my account but she keeped saying me "you cant have same account ,and this account had been closed and do you like to reopen it"I just to get in as a freelancer,could you help me please.🙏🙏🙏

My account  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Siham,

I can see that the team has reached out with more information about the status of your account and further instructions for resolving the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to their email, and they'll surely assist you accordingly.

You may also access the ticket linked to your case on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths