cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Online Course Module 2: Building out your project and attracting Top Talent

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 10

A strong project plan and competitive rates are the building blocks that will attract great talent to your job post. This 2nd module aims to cover the best practices when preparing to hire a freelancer and how to create a great job post that will attract the right talent for you. 

A great resources (good vs. bad job posts) is contained in this course and a printable version is included as a resource.

Client Online Course Module 2: Building out your project and attracting Top Talent and let us know what you think and if you have any questions or additional tips.

Untitled
Employee
Kevin B Employee Member Since: Jul 24, 2015
2 of 10

Hi everyone! I'm the facilitator for this course and wanted to kick off this conversation with a question for the group.

One of the most important takeaways from this module is that a high-quality job post attracts high-quality talent.  If you can show freelancers that you have a clear plan for a challenging project, top talent on Upwork will apply.

Do you have any tips and tricks for drafting a strong job post?  Have you seen any examples (yours or someone else's) on the platform that you think new users should reference?

Sujan S Member Since: Nov 16, 2016
3 of 10
I am also new user so i want to do this data entry job so provide me some tips and idea to post the job. And how to earn money from there?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Sujan,

If you'd like to work on Upwork as a freelancer and earn money, you'll need to create a freelancer account. You can do it by going to Settings in your current account and clicking "Create a new account:"

Screenshot_10.png

If you'd like to hire freelancers, you can use your current client account.

Please check this post for more resources and information about getting started on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Abdul M Member Since: Apr 11, 2017
5 of 10
how many times to take activate upwork account?and how i bids for job. and after completing account before getting job or activate account have to anh dollars pay?
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Abdul,

Please, log into your account and complete your profile. Once you complete it, it'll be reviewed by the team. Please, check out this post for more information about getting started.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Maricel M Member Since: Aug 17, 2018
7 of 10

hi miss lina can i ask some question? or some favor if don't mind,it's my first time in upwork i've done to create my account and accidentally i have invited someone freelncer what should i do ,which is i'm looking a job.hope you can share me your idea.thanks.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 10

Hi Maricel, 

It looks like you created a Client account instead of a Freelancer account. If you would like Freelancer account, you can go to your Settings page, and create a freelancer account from there by clicking on the Create New Account at the bottom of the page. 

Once this is done, we can close your client account for you.

-Avery
Untitled
Rogeen A Member Since: Jun 25, 2019
9 of 10
Hello miss avery, same case with miss lina, ive created a client account but i am searching for a job. Thank you
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 10

Hi Rogeen,

Looks like you created a Freelancer account, you need to get it approved in order to be able to submit a proposals as a Freelancer. Please check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS