🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Client account suspended after few days o...
Page options
kshengelia
Community Member

Client account suspended after few days of blocked card

Hi,

I am a project manager.

My client (profile) has hired a vendor on Upwork.

Contract is active for more than month already, work is in progress and everything was going fine until client has lost some money from her credit card and was obliged by her bank to block the card.

Until new card arrived (in 7 business days), a blocked card was assigned to her Upwork account. We got notifications from Upwork that charge was declined. We knew that we should have updated the card, we just waited for new card to be arrived.

2 days ago, new card arrived and client signed in the account immediately to update billing method to pay overdue balance. That's when she found that account was suspended ("Account suspended, please contact customer support for more information").

She could not do anything - paying overdue balance, ask a question in community (really odd service here), bot was not very helpful as well.

All I could thought is that I am asking this question with my profile - is there some way we can reactivate the account and pay our overdue balance (this should be in everyone's interest I believe)?

Regards,

Konstantine

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kote,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email related to the client account and assist you with the account status. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks!

Sorry but any ETA, work is paused.. 😞
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kote,

A member of the team has reached out to your client already and is awaiting their response. They should be able to access the ticket directly here once on their account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths