cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client and Freelancer Account

Anne K Member Since: Apr 28, 2017
1 of 5

Hi all,

Last year I signed up a client account. Upwork discovered that I had 2 accounts and they asked me to verify my identity. My accounts were restored and I have been using my freelancer account. 

I now want to hire a few freelancers and I don't know which account to use. Should I use my freelancer or client account? Is there any problem if I use any?

I look forward to your replies.

Cheers!

Anne

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 5

Hi Anne, 

You should only have one account on the platform, since one account will allow you to become both a freelancer and a client. You can go to your Settings > Create a Company on your freelancer account and create a client account. 

But please wait for instructions on your open ticket. I've asked the team to get back to you as they might just merge your client and freelancer accounts. 

Create Company.png

-Avery
Untitled
Anne K Member Since: Apr 28, 2017
3 of 5

Thank you

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 5

You are not allowed to have two accounts. You can add a client account to your freelancer account.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

You should only have one account, which can have both a freelancer and a client side to it.

From your Freelancer account, (the one you are using, as the duplicate one was surely closed??) go to your settings, scroll down and find "create a client account" on the left

create client account.jpg

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS