🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking me to download software on phon...
Page options
4a3c485c
Community Member

Client asking me to download software on phone.

Hi!

I am new to Upwork and on the hunt for my first job. I received a message from 2 separate clients, both inviting me to read sentences in my native language. One told me I would be called to record the sentences, the other sent me a link to a sketchy-looking form **Edited for Community Guidelines** stating that I would have to download "a software" to my phone to read/record the 500 sentences. 

I have been sending out proposals every day for a week, eagerly trying to get my first job, which is why I haven't just declined the job yet.

Any thoughts?

If more info is needed, like the client's name or the exact proposal, I am happy to provide.

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

I think the job is a scam and perhaps worse. All you need do is to tell the client how much you would charge for this type of work, and as soon as he has sent you a formal Upwork contract that you have agreed to, you can start work. 

If he doesn't agree, then report him and move on. 

62a987fd
Community Member

I got the same thing.  There is NO WAY I am going to download some mystery app to my phone in the hope that someone will pay me a few dollars.  Seriously?  $20 says that within a week all of my bank accounts would be cleaned out and my credit cards maxed.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Why are we suddenly seeing posts in German that link to a Web page outside Upwork?

Well, that message went away quickly...

Auf wiedersehen!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members